x. flaming locks of auburn hair

Beginne am Anfang

Daisy stared between the Dunne siblings as if they were a tennis match. She refused to look away because she did not want to miss a thing. Their dynamic was intense and the most interesting one she had ever seen. When she stared at them, she was glad to be an only child.

"Not unless you kick me out." Ellie held her head high, her fierce blue eyes locked onto his. The wind was blowing her hair into her face and dust into her eyes but she refused to look away and back down.

"I'll consider it if you pull another stunt like this." Billy promised and pushed his curls from his eyes. He moved his glare from his sister to the redhead next to her. "You too."

Daisy gave him a fake innocent grin, her eyes shining with anger and annoyance. "Oh, no, I just thought you'd already played three 'cause they all sound the same."

Ellie stared at the side of her face for a moment. Her smile was patronizing and it made her realize that the only thing she had in common with Billy was her distaste for Daisy Jones. She scoffed and turned on her heel to celebrate with the rest of the band. She was not planning on wasting one of the best days of her life surrounded by the negative energy that Billy and Daisy radiated.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Your first single and it hits number one. I mean, how do you top that?" The interviewer asked the band, letting out a slight chuckle.

Ellie narrowed her eyes, confused at the question. He was aware that they had an entire album and tour before Honeycomb, right?

Billy seemed to be having the exact same thoughts as her. He shuffled on his feet and stated, "Well, this isn't our first single, but, uh...yeah, I mean we have an album out; Seven, Eight, Nine."

"That's the one with the song?"

Ellie scoffed. They worked their asses off to even get to record their debut album and people refused to acknowledge that it even existed.

"I think we're just happy that everyone is digging the song and we're happy to be here." Daisy smiled that dazzling smile that was directed at the camera.

Billy cleared his throat. "Yeah. True, you know, it was, it was, uh, great watching them sing our words. Uh, it was pretty incredible."

"So, what do you two have planned for an encore?"

"Well, Daisy has her own stuff going on, and, you know, we're not really looking for...uh, as much as we loved having her sing on our song, that was more of a one-time thing, so..." Billy ranted, oblivious to the look of disbelief that Daisy was sending him.

The interviewer frowned. "Well, I for one am sorry to hear that." He looked at Ellie and smiled. "What about you? Is the reason that Daisy is not joining the band the fact that you guys already have a lead female singer?"

"So it goes... is actually my single." Ellie told him with a broad charming grin. "It is one of the few songs that I will be releasing while I will be recording the next album with The Six."

"How come you don't just sing your songs for the band?"

"I prefer to do this by myself." Ellie lied and ignored the way that her eldest brother stiffened next to her. "I want to keep these two things." She clapped Billy on the shoulder. "This guy is the only lead singer that The Six needs."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: I wasn't about to go and tell everybody that I was going solo on the side because my own brother didn't want me. (Scoffs with a bitter smile on her face) I couldn't look weak. I had to be strong and confident. If a woman in the singing industry back then looked vulnerable, the world would eat her alive and spit her right back out.