| 03 - One Of Them |

Start from the beginning

"Well, you hit your head a little which is how I found you. You didn't answer me after I heard a thud. You passed out before you changed, so I had to clean you up and put some new clothes on you. And then I put you in the bed." He shrugs casually like it's no big deal to do that to a complete stranger.

"But why are you here now?" I don't understand.

He fucking changed my clothes?!

"Figured I should make sure you woke up and ate something. I have a car waiting for you whenever you're ready to go back to... wherever you're staying. Hopefully, you didn't have any attractions to go see today, I'm sure you feel like shit." He grins.

"I'm not a tourist, I live here. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." I shuffle to the end of the bed and put my feet on the ground. My vision sways slightly as I try to stand, needing another minute before I finally can.

"Could have fooled me, I've never seen someone dance the way you and your girlfriend did in my club and be a resident. That was some straight up one-night-in-Vegas shit. Almost had to hose you two off," he rambles and glances sideways at me. "Why did she leave you here alone? You two like, swingers or somethin'?"

I walk towards the bathroom door and roll my eyes. Why is everyone so obsessed with women kissing other women? "She's not my girlfriend," I mutter. "I told her to leave, she isn't my babysitter." The bright light in the bathroom catches me off guard, making me flinch and bring my arm up to shield my eyes.

I look at myself in the mirror, even more confused than when I woke up. What the fuck am I wearing? When did my hair get put up? I peek my head out of the bathroom door, glaring daggers at Harry whos sitting chipper as a fucking bird, perfectly relaxed.

"What is this?" I gesture to my bright outfit. "Why am I dressed head to toe in yellow M&M clothing?" 

He scoffs playfully. "Well, you didn't look comfortable in that dress especially after you threw up all over it, and it was either the yellow guy or the blue one, and I hate that blue fucker." He smirks and looks over the huge shirt and shorts on my body. "You should be thanking me, I was a good boy and didn't even look." His knee bounces as he pops a dimple.

"Thank you so much for getting me naked and not looking. You're my hero." I roll my eyes and turn back into the bathroom. I shut the door and peek down the inside of my shirt to make sure my bra is still on.

Phew. At least he didn't take that off.

I can't believe a stranger undressed me while I was unconscious and took care of me. What if he.. no. He wouldn't be sitting there if he did anything, right? Fuck, I feel like I'm going to be sick again.

I bend over the counter, my hands gripping the cold marble. Breathe, Brinna. You're fine. You can make up for this. It won't be like your parents. This is fine.

Tears start leaking out of my eyes and my lip trembles.

I'm weak just like them. I'm their blood, of course I would fuck this up. I am a fuck up. I was destined to turn out just like them. How did I let this happen?

A cry leaves my throat and I quickly scramble to turn on the sink before Harry hears my pathetic sobbing. I can't let him, or anyone, hear me be so weak. This is my own fault. I can't cry about things I brought on myself.

I look in the mirror and hate the person I see. Rage fills me and suddenly I can point out every single feature I got from my parents. I hate that I look so much like them. Why wasn't I enough for them?

I splash cold water on my face and stand up straighter. I need to go home. I need to go flush out my system and call a fucking rehab center, probably. Lord knows I'll end up there anyway, I'm no better than what I came from. One night of fun is too many and I hate myself for letting this happen.