"I'm sorry. Can you repeat? I was thinking about how everything started with me and Nana. You know, she...."

"Hey, loverboy, my ears are aching from your love stories already. This is your first time falling in love, and it already seems like another planet should be created for the both of you." He deadpanned, giving me a funny look.

I laughed again, nudging his shoulder. "Just make sure you capture every moment with your camera so you will rewatch and learn how it's done until you find your own mate."

He rolled his eyes and sneered alat me playfully.

After what seemed like an eternity, we reached her pack and drove straight to the royal packhouse, which was a gigantic mansion since her father was the Alpha of her pack.

I was the first to step out of the car as soon as we drove in through the gate, bouncing on the ball of my feet.

The exterior was decorated unlike usual, and more cars were parked in the garage than they used to be, hinting there was a kind of event or rather celebration going on inside.

I wondered what it was, my brows arching together as I squinted my eyes at the porch. I could even hear the faint sound of music being played in the building.

"What is going on here that she didn't inform me of?" I muttered, anxiety creeping in. "We talked on phone yesterday and she didn't say anything about a party or whatever holding today."

"What if she somehow was informed that we were coming and made all these decorations and preparations for you?" Jace muttered as if he were reading my mind. What he said made a lot of sense to me.

"You are right ." I smiled and with a huge smile, I moved forward to the front door. I knocked and open it.

Nobody was in the sitting room.

I quickened my pace forward. Jace was already making videos with his phone.

Everybody seemed to be upstairs, where the music was playing, so I traced it up the stairs, and it led to their private hall, the same place she had told me she would like to have our private wedding held if it all worked out.

I was close the door of the hall when her heavenly scent slapped through my nostrils, filling me with so much warmth as I ached badly for her.

I badly wants to hold her into my arms, hug her tight, kiss her, and mark her as mine.

As I got to the door of the hall and was about to open it I began to hear some funny sounds. It sounded like a kiss.

I quickly pushed the door open without knocking, and there I met the shock of my life. Something that made my heart stop right in my chest.

Nana was in another man's arms. He was carrying her in a bridal style while they kissed deeply and passionately, with the people gathered cheering at them and clapping happily, including her parents.

My presence was easily noticed because of my Lycan scent, which was different, and in that instant, the music was turned down.

Everywhere became dead silent and they all had their eyes drifted to me in shock as I stood at the door watching Nana in disbelief. My hands shaking and my heart growing heavier with each breath.

Nana and the strange man noticed my presence too and broke the kiss, catching their breath as their eyes glistening with affection at each other before he dropped her, and they both turned their gaze towards me.

The guy had a confused look, not understanding what I was doing here with flowers, while Nana was literally frowning, seething through her teeth as she stared back at me.

Her eyes trailed down to the flowers, then back to my face as her stern countenance deepened.

This day was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, but it was seemingly becoming a nightmare—one that was going to ruin me if my fear played out to be true.

I refused to believe it was what I was thinking, even when that was what it all seemed like.

"Na...na." I stuttered under my breath, my voice barely above whispers, as the flowers fell from my shaky, sweaty hands. "It isn't what I am thinking, right? Tell me this is just a prank."

I gulped, swallowing the huge lump growing in my throat.

"Prince Tyler, I can't remember sending any invitations to you today. Why are you here? Why did you choose today to visit me? In two days, I will have my birthday. Why not come then? I planned to explain everything to you then." She sighed, her voice sounding so pissed, as her face squeezed, showing how much my presence was annoying her.

"Nana, what are you talking about? What is going on? Who is he?" I asked with heavy breaths, ignoring her questions about why I was here. That isn't what matters.

Why do they look like lovers?

I sniffed once again, smelling her sweet, mate scent that reaffirmed to me that she was my one true mate, but this girl here seemed to be a different girl that I couldn't recognize.

Doesn't she even know yet that I'm her mate?

She let out another sigh and hissed, rubbing her right palm on her forehead in frustration. She was clearly vexed to see me.

"Tyler, how and why are we mated?" She dropped the question with so much annoyance in her tone as if she read my thoughts, and my heart sank and clenched at that moment.

What does she mean?

There was an uproar from the little crowd that gathered as they heard her question. Even the guy beside her spun his head at her in shock. "Really? He is your mate."

His brows furrowed and his eyes dimmed in sadness and disappointment, but Nana held his hands with a smile on her face as they both locked eyes together.

"Nothing can separate us. Remember, I told you, even if you turn out not to be my mate, I would reject whoever it was just to be with you." She beamed, pecking his lips and hugging him tight.

I couldn't breath, my heart felt like they were pierced with a lance as her words rang like a bell in my ears. It can't be true!