prologue

No one's POV
6 years earlier

"The most beautiful thing about young love
is the truth in our hearts that it will last forever."
- Atticus

"I love you forever, Holland," the young man stated, his heart on his sleeve.

"And I love you, Harry," she said back to him, foaming at the mouth with affection for the curly haired boy in front of her.

"Fuck, like, I really love you." He scooted closer to her, sincerity laced in his words with his hands mindlessly twirling the length of her flaxen hair between his fingers.

She was the world and he was the moon that orbited around her.

"I know." She smiled.

"You're not going to break my heart?" He asked, his hand pushing golden strands of hair off her delicate face.

"I could never." She couldn't fathom hurting him or living in a universe where she didn't love him. Her face turned solemn, asking him, "You won't break mine?"

"I promise I'll never break yours. Okay, baby?" His unbridled love for the sweet, barefaced twenty year old laying on her stomach in the grass was never ending. "Okay," she answered sweetly.

That day, he came to the conclusion that loving Holland was the best thing he'd ever do, nothing-no one-could ever come close to her, with the exception of their future children. But, that was a totally different love. Holland was his one and only. His great love. And she felt the same way about him. She believed that whatever god or force of nature that ruled the universe designed Harry for her.

He caressed her soft cheek, eyes glazed over with a dopiness that only pure adoration could cause.

Holland was it for him.

Two young hearts, a forever kind of love, and an uncertain future was a recipe for disaster. But they couldn't see it, not behind those rose colored glasses.

Not when all they could see was each other.