The rest of the walk home is nice and I actually am grateful for the weather cause I'm not worried about my ice cream melting.

Now to spend the rest hour and a half watching Dance Moms and devouring this entire pint of ice cream.

-------

"Man up." I tell Ronny, who is refusing to eat the worlds spiciest chip I ordered on amazon. I got two, one for each of us, and now he is backing out.

I never asked his permission, but I still assumed he'd eat it with me.

"It looks gross." he says, but I know he's just terrified he will look like a baby cause he can't handle the spice.

"It will be fun." I tell him.

He rolls his eyes, "Fine."

Yay!

We both eat our chips and at first I feel nothing.

World spiciest chip my butt--oh no.

It's starting to kick in. My mouth starts to water and my tongue feels like it is going to fall off, all while Ronny is sitting like he ate a tortilla chip.

"Man up." He teases me. A tear falls from my eye, "I can't...breathe...." I pour myself a tall glass of milk and chug it.

I take deep breaths afterwards, sticking my tongue out so that the air helps it somehow. "This was your idea." Aaron reminds me, and I glare at him.

"Do you feel nothing?" I ask, pouring another glass of milk. He shrugs, "I'm good with spicy food."

Of course he is.

"Then why were you not wanting to eat it?"

"Because it looked gross."

Ugh.

After spending the next ten minutes panting over the sink and drinking half a gallon of milk, I feel it start to wear off. "See, fun." I smile to him, now being able to say I ate the worlds spiciest chip.

He just rolls his eyes.

His phone dings on the counter and he picks it up, looking a little upset when he reads it. "I have to go in to work." He tells me, tucking his phone in his pocket. "Wanna come?" He asks me after a second or two.

My head shoots up, "To work?"

He shrugs, "I just have to handle a few things. You can sit in my office."

I pretend to think about it, "It has a couch." Ron says.

"Can I nap?"

He nods.

Sweet.

"Oki doki I will go." I say, unable to hide the excitement at getting to see where he works. I imagine a secret little warehouse in the forest..."You coming?" he asks, and I realize he grabbed his keys and is on his way out.

"Yep." I say, making sure I have my bag and following him. He is dressed pretty casual for work, just in pants and a shirt. I am in a navy skirt and a gray sweater, my hair down with mini braids on the sides like I always do.

"I want it to snow." I tell Ronny when he get into his car. "I know its California and it never does, but wouldn't it be so fun? Snow angels, snowball fights, eating the snow, building snowmen..."

"Snow sucks."

Gasp. "I forget you grew up in New York. Dude I'm so jealous you got to spend Christmases there!"

"What are you doing for thanksgiving?" Aaron asks me. Thanksgiving is just three days away, and even though I love the holiday, I dread it.

"Just dinner with my family."

He gives me a look. I pat his shoulder, "Ronny my whole family will be at dinner, you think Nick would let something happen?" I say, knowing he is upset about me hanging with Papa.

"Afterwards I pick you up." He tells me.

"Ronny, I can't just sleepover at your house every night."

"Why not?"

I pause for a minute, looking for a definitive answer to give him but coming up with none. I would say space, but I literally don't want space from him. "Because." Is all I come up with.

His car approaches a large very modern building just outside of the city and I awe at how huge it is. He parks and we climb out, "Stay with me." he says.

"Duh." I say back, walking beside him as he enters the building. He walks right past the front desk, not sparing anyone a hello or even a small smile.

We get into an elevator and go up to the top freaking floor, then walk through a series of hallways until we reach a large office with Aaron Hendrix labeled on the door.

"Holy cow!" I say, flopping on his super comfy black leather couch. I sit up and admire his office, which is huge. Book shelves cover one side of walls, a big desk with a leather chair behind it is towards the back middle of the office with two chairs on the other side of the desk, and the couch I'm sitting on has a big coffee table in front of it.

Next I run to the window, absolutely in love with the view of hills and trees, "Why have you never brought me here?" I say. He shrugs, walking over to me. "I will be back okay? Don't open the door for anyone."

"Okayyyy" I say, unsure why he is acting like we surrounded by criminals or something. Ronny leaves and I am left alone in his freakishly modern gorgeous office. Lucky for me, I spot a blanket folded in a little bin next to the couch, and happily drape it over me as I snuggle into the leather.

Nap time.

1549 words