•6•

chan was startled out of his sleep. he heard something break, quickly followed by his father's yelling. he almost went back to sleep, thinking his parents were just fighting again. they've been doing that alot these past few days, his mother scared and opposed to certain decisions and his father stressed and worried.

the only reason he jumps out of bed is when there's thumping, growling and sounds of agony. he's already out the door of his bedroom when he hears his mother's blood-curdling scream, followed by hectic sobs. his heart is racing and blood is thumping loudly in his ears. he's still groggy from sleep but there's adrenaline surging through his body.

"let go!" his mother screams when he enters the bedroom of his parents. "CHAN!" she cries when she's grabbed by the robe she is wearing, "CHAN, BABY! GET OUT!"

but chan stumbles inside the room, eyes wide and searching. he's panting, nervous and shaken up. his mother is being headlocked by a strange man with hair that drapes over his eyes and fangs on full display. there's someone else in the room but with the position he's holding over his father, chan already knows his mother is the last one standing right now. if he just gets her they could all leave together. should he shift? or fight in his human form?

options he considers while locking eyes with his mother and then the man-

chan's blood runs cold. an empty roar floods his ears and his heart drops.

"min...ho?" chan's horrified when he sees the alpha.

the alpha hadn't seemed to process who had come inside until chan spoke. slowly, it sinks in- this is chan's pack. they're invading chan's pack. he's in chan's home. chan is in front of him. chanchanchan. he's-

he'a about to kill chan's mom.

"minho..." chan's voice is louder, more frantic. "let go of her."

minho's grip tightens around her throat, not because he wants to, it's the fear sinking down in him making his instincts react. not killing mrs.bang would he a huge consequence for him, he doesn't want any. doing this alone is already unbearable.

"minho, let go of her!" chan yells, trying to reach out for his mother so he can pull her back.

minho can't seem to react, but someone else does. the person that had murdered mr.bang forcefully stabbed a dagger into the woman's heart, eyes locking with chan's. the same horrified and shocked expression chan wore, was mirrored on minho's face.

as soon as his mother gasps, she's knocked over to the side by another. she falls with a heavy thump, eyes wide and blank. chan doesn't know what comes over him, definitely fear, but it causes him to run. he runs off, as fast as he can to his siblings. they are now his priority. his only concern.

"son?" the other alpha asks, eyeing minho with icy eyes.

"i'll handle the siblings, you go tell dad the job's almost finished," minho grunts.

"why does he know your name?" felix asks, suddenly angry.

"just fuck off and do your job. let me do mine. go back and guide your dumb minions." minho grits out as he stomps away.

felix eyes him. "hey," he calls after minho before he exits the room, the older hesitates before turning around, angrily glaring but curious.

"he's really pretty though, you could fuck around before killing him off, i'm sure he'll scream beautifully." felix grins, "or! or keep him around, dad wouldn't mind."

"shut up and do your work," minho growls before shifting.

he's off, in his wolf form, before chan can get too far from reach. the omega was quite quick, already getting his siblings. they're going the direction felix predicted, which minho almost feels bad about.