"Darling," he soon moved his hand and trailed it up my body, moving my curls from my frame to get a good grip on my attention, "Do you happen to know where the key is?"

My eyes didn't linger. Not to say I was terrified, but I was surely uncomfortable by such presence. He was awfully tedious and I felt my quarters suffocating in on me. To be one of obeisance, I shook my head. I didn't know where the key had been.

He didn't seem to care for my answer. I winced, already recalling the fist full of hair he curled into his fateful touch as he tauntingly lured me into his vicinity.

"You know I don't like it when you lie," he tsk'd. I could feel myself losing control, the water works in a beginning cycle of pain.

My bottom lip trembled and quivered, I hated feeling my body be so detached from my mind. He did not delve deeper into the depths of my suffering.

I pierced an ugly cry as I spoke, "I swear, I know nothing about the whereabouts of the key."

To an unlikely extent, Inej pried Kael's furious fingers away from my hair. She appeared just as surprised as I did, with the notion of such guidance.

"She said she knows nothing, you are wasting your time!"

With my free hand, I combed my chestnuts back, choking out a cough as I cleared my tears. They didn't dare deserve to see me at such a weakness.

Kael pushed Inej, knocking her over some of my furniture, seething through his teeth, he withers back and snaps my hand into his direction. He held a sturdy grip along my jaw, piercing his devious eyes into mine. I panicked, as my heart sank by the motion.

I felt my eyes dilate, losing full focus as he spoke in a tongue that seemed calming, but I knew that wasn't the case.

"Benedetta, tell me where the key is, or so help me, you'll be wishing for your life to end!"

I feared Kael in that moment. My strength of power held wits over others, but with him, I lost everything.

I cried, shivering intensely, "I don't know, I don't have it."

Once more, Inej ripped Kael off, slamming him against the door as it bursts open. Inej grew tired of Kael's petty attempts and attacks, she did not like the power hungry brother he had become. She loathed it.

"You and your foolish antics are going to ruin everything we have done here! Don't you understand that?"

Inej's face reddened in fury. I noticed her rounded and balled fists, she wanted to beat Kael back into the man he was before vampirism. I hadn't known who they were before then.

Kael was steady with his steps, already back on his feet as he plunged through the threshold, knocking his sister back down. It was clear he was always needing the gloating and pride of his vicious vindications.

Twisting her hand back, Inej yelped in a hissing format as she blocks Kael's insufferable features away with the palm of her free hand. They looked awfully pathetic.

"Everything we have done? This was my idea, from start to finish!" He screamed in her face, removing her hand and tossing her to the side as blood ran down her forehead.

If I hadn't known better, I would've sensed the ricocheting tears threatening Inej's water line. She had been the more sensitive one out of the bunch.

Though, before Inej could rebuild her strength and cop an attitude, my eyes widened to the sound of my maidens tone. Her voice frail and mellow as she cowered over the two with keys dangling in her grasp. Inej held back a grin, whereas Kael avoided eye contact all together.