Text from Lani's dad:
300k? What's that to me?

And you welcome❤️

Text to Lani's dad:
Money that could have been used to help those in need. But again, I'm very appreciative and I don't want you to think I'm being ungrateful. I'm just shocked.

Text from Lani's dad:
That ain't even a taste for what I got for you today. Like I said in that lil note, this yo day. Angela let me know they came and gave you some shit and told you get dressed, so go downstairs to the lobby cause something else waiting for you.

Her eyes scanned over the message that made her body anxiously shoot up, just as footsteps came through her room door. Amerie turned around where she was met with Layton, who held a gift bag in her hand bringing a small smile to Amerie's face.

"I almost thought I wasn't about to see you today." She raised an eyebrow as she set her phone down on the bed, placing her full attention on the girl who only smiled.

She allowed Layton to embrace her in a hug, with a small kiss planted along her cheek. "I know you probably got a busy day and your family has stuff planned, so I can take you out when we get out of here. But I still got you a little something." She handed Amerie the bag once they pulled away from one another.

Smiling to herself, she grabbed the bag from the girl to dig in, where she pulled out a beautiful pink Chanel purse she'd been raving about. She didn't know what Layton did or how she got the purse, but she was appreciative nonetheless.

"Thank you so much, you did not have to get this for me." Amerie gushed over the purse that was beautiful, but Layton only waved her off.

"It's nothing, but I'm not about to hold you up. Angela just wanted me to tell you to come downstairs for something, and I'm sure you're gonna be gone the whole day so live it up. Big 28." She gave Amerie another hug, before they parted ways just that fast.

She set the purse up on her bed, before looking over her attire in the mirror again and grabbing her other little purse. She'd known from the day prior that she would be out all day. Doing what? She didn't have a clue because nobody told her, but she chose to refrain from asking questions and to just go with it.

"Mama!" Amerie heard the greeting that never failed to bring a comfort to her body as soon as she entered the downstairs lobby. Her eyes lit up seeing her daughter racing over to her as fast as her small legs could take her to her mothers open arms.

Amerie looked to her in fake shock as she picked her up, immediately drowning her face in tons of kisses. Nothing else made her happier than seeing the little girl whose smile knew to light up an entire room. She was what motivated Amerie's fight to keep her light shining, knowing she owed it not only to herself but to her baby. The happiest person she knew.

"Hello pretty girl." She smiled to her daughter who she couldn't help from pressing another kiss into the cheek of. "Daddy dropped you off?" She looked to Malani who immediately nodded her head that turned to look towards Angela.

"Lay-dee!" She pointed with a small smile, giving Angela a little wave. "Friend?" She looked to Amerie who lowered her down to stand on her own while straightening out the Fendi sweatshirt Malani wore.

"That's the lady who's been helping mama get better, can you see thank you to Ms. Angela?" She crouched down to her daughters level who cheesed up at Angela.