'Let's go, you can explain in the car' I encourage while guiding us both through the crowd, keeping everybody at a distance.

——————

'I cannot believe that happened. I'm furious. Are you ok? I'm sorry. I should've been there with you. Are you okay? Want me to ring Charles? I'm going to kill that man' I blurt out without stopping, pacing around the bedroom of my Monaco apartment. As I look into a mirror hanging on the wall, I notice eyes are sunken into dark pools formed like blankets under my eyes; partially because of the time, partially to do with the anger.

'No please. Don't tell Charles. What will... I don't want him to hate me!' She eventually spits out after hesitating over her words nervously. I come to a swift stop on my pacing, while turning to look at her, this time with seriousness.

'You think he's going to be mad at you?' I question, I cough trying to cover the sound of anger that was subtly emerging beneath the disappointment in my voice. 'He would never be mad at you, Ke. He loves you.'

'But what if he-'

'He loves you Ke' I interject and repeat, emphasising it thoroughly while placing my hand on top of hers, helping her to feel some sense of comfort, despite the chaos that was speeding around her rapidly.

Before we both could say another word, my phone lights up, followed by a singular vibration. Rolling my eyes, I try to look at the notification on the screen at the other side of the bed, but fail to see properly. Groaning, I get up and get my phone. My eyes widen as I read the name, before quickly wiping the look of worry of my face.

'What is it?' Kera says, unfortunately seeing my face's reaction that I was unable to conceal.

'Him.' I say. Her eyebrows instantly droop and her eyes become watery again. Simultaneously, her bottom lip begins to gently quiver as she moves her hand from her thigh, to her mouth. I climb back onto my bed, sitting beside her as I read the text aloud.

Charles💙
Can I come over? I need you.

'What do I say?' I ask Kera before making a conclusion, my eyes frantically switching between the keyboard and Kera.

'I don't know.'

'How about this?'

Pierre
Yes absolutely. What's wrong?

Charles
There's photos of Kera. She's kissing a man in a club. I cant believe she would do this to me. I'm so hurt.

Pierre
Charles, I promise you those photos are not at all what they seem to be, please trust me on this.

Charles
What do you mean? How would you know?

I was there, she asked me to pick her up.

And you just let her kiss some other guy without stopping her and didn't bother to tell me? Thanks Pierre. Nice to know you have my back.

Lots of swear words followed this text, I began to fill with fury, but more than that disappointment. I couldn't believe he was mad at me for this, before even hearing the true story.

A few seconds later, Kera snatches my phone out of my hand and begins typing a long message to Charles. She takes a deep breath before hitting send.

Charles this is Kera. Please, I know you don't want to hear it but listen to what I have to say. I was in the club and a guy approached me, I had no intention of doing anything with him, he kissed me and I didn't want to kiss him. He held me and I couldn't get out of his grasps. When I felt uncomfortable, I'd rang Pierre as I didn't want you to be mad. You don't have to forgive me, but I want you to at least know the full story before you break up with me.. I'm sorry. You know how cruel the paparazzi can be. Please talk to me. Your love, Kera. X

Seconds feel like minutes, minutes feels like hours. We watched, shaking, as we saw the text bubble appear on the screen, then disappear a multitude of times. This, only lead to Kera's anxiety heightening and the sinking feeling of regret weighing on her stomach like a heavy anchor.

Almost an eternity later, we receive a text back.

I cant believe this.

It read.

1365 words. HEY GUYSSSS
SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN AGES. i decided to take a little break during summer and for the start of the year as I had a lot of things to adapt to due to moving schools. but i've settled in now and LOVE it. so hopefully i'll be writing more now!  how've you all been?

let me know what you think of this chapter... sorry for all the charles & kera fans. WAIT WE NEED A  SHIP NAME.

okay that's ur guys official job. think of a ship name.
-J