Chapter 12

"Will they accept me after all this?" the former sect leader questioned his two sons sitting before him. 

Lan Huan put his hand over his father's and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Father I don't think you should be worried about that... what you should be worried about is what the Wens are going to do if we don't stop them... although nothing is happening at the moment I suspect them of doing something really bad." The Lan Sect leader stayed silent thinking about what his son just said. It was true he should be worried about the enemies, however, for that, he also needed his sect to trust him again and believe in him.

"Let's go..." Lan Wangji stood up. 

"What where Wangji?!" Lan Xichen was speechless, he was still trying to get used to his younger brother's behaviour.

"Wei Ying waiting..." he didn't wait any longer having the other two follow him behind.

With Jiang Cheng // Jiang Cheng's POV

This is a disaster!

What happened to the fewer people know the better!

Jin Zixuan, Nie Huisang, Wen Siblings, Lan Huan, Old Man Lan, AND the former sect leader is here! When Lan Wangji came back, he immediately went to Wei Wuxian, who leapt into his arms and is currently hugging him like a Koala. Lan QiRen is having a key divination. Lan Huan is trying to get him better with the Sect Leader and Nie Huaisang and that peacock is inching closer to my sister. The Wen Siblings are chilling in the corner unbothered, mainly Wen Qing.

After some Time

"Okay now that we have all calmed down... the conversation we are about to have must stay in this room. No one can know about anything you are about to know because if you do-"

"Basically he is saying keep your mouth shut or you will die an early death." Wei Wuxian said playing with his hair which was now a braid. He didn't look at anyone. He only focused on the strands of hair in his hand.

"This information will either make you meet the same faith or let you live longer than you are supposed to," he spoke again.

"Why are you speaking as if you know we will die early?" Jin Zuxuan said furrowing his eyes borrow,

"That's because I do... Me, Lan Zhan and Jiang Cheng are from the future..."

Silence. Nobody spoke. Lan Wangji stood up and placed a silencing shield around Jingshi. Better safe than sorry who knows who might be spying on us.

Suddenly I felt a huge wave of both spiritual and resentment energy burst in the room. My eyes only had a quick second to glance at Wei Wuxian. I didn't know what was happening until Everything around us changed. Everything became clear and I realised we were in a cave. 

"WEI WUXIAN! ARE YOU INSANE!" I yelled. "Using empathy with so many people involved.!" 

"ChengCheng it's better to show them." He said pouting a little. "Plus it-" 

he tried to finish his sentence but blood spurted out his mouth making him cough.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Wangji panicked.

"A-Xian!" Shilje ran to his side

"Why is Young Master Wei using Empathy #?" Lan Huan said concerned. "You do know how dangerous it is right? Especially with no one being there to pull us out of it." 

"Ju-Just watch!" A-Ying said and no one said a word.

|| ├✩ Time Skip ✩┤||

((I'm sure you guys have read a story with flash back Wuxian's Life so many times soooo I'm gonna skip that part.))

Everyone had gone back to their Chambers. Apart from the three of us, only Shijie stayed back.

"Are you okay?" I asked worried. 

A-Ying hadn't said a word ever since the Empathy session. We didn't continue. It got to the part where A-Ying was thrown off the cliff by Wen Chao. It was... it was unfair. It shouldn't have happened. I should never have left him alone. But I had gone- or I thought I had gone to repair my golden core. Who am I kidding that's no excuse. I should've just listened when he told me to stay where we were hiding. 

"Although I know it's the past now... replaying my memories... it's like- I- I wanted to save myself when I was pushed off just now. But- I... I could hear myself screaming for help. Screaming to be saved. Screaming for mercy. Screaming and screaming and screaming." 

He again goes silent and walks towards the door.

"I'm going out... I'll be back. I need to clear my mind" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few minutes and after a few minutes of A-Ying leaving, we started to hear the ghost flute. The melody wasn't eerie or anything like when he controls the corpse. No, it was sincere and calm. It held a lot of emotion, regret being one of them.

"Second Young Master..." I said catching Lan Wangji's attention. "Does Wei Wuxian want to continue? I mean wouldn't it be better if only the three of us knew? He's hurting himself by putting everyone in empathy. His re-" I stop remembering A-Jie was here.

"A-Jie please go rest..." she was sitting elegantly by the window. Her eyes closed as as listened to to A-Ying play the flute. 

"He's hurting..." she says. Her voice was gentle and sad. "He showing that he's fine again but he's fighting with himself. It wasn't visible before but now... now it's clear. He wants peace. He's tired. A- Cheng don't leave him alone. I'm afraid he will lose himself if we leave him alone."

I look over at Lan Wangji and he's already staring in my direction. I give him a determined nod and he responds the same. 

If anything at least we agree on something. 

Protect Wei Wuxian at any cost this time. 

"Lan Zhan! you didn't tell we have chickens in cloud Resses!"

Wei Wuxian suddenly opens the door while holding a pitiful chicken who's trying to escape the grasp of the Yiling Patriarch.

I'm so sorry for the long wait but I was a bit conflicted with this chapter. I know it's not the best but I tried. I know it said in the beginning chapters 'the less people know the better' but the thing is I don't know how I came onto writing from no one knowing to nearly everyone knowing. You get what I'm saying? 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it and I'm sorry again for the wait.