Chapter Five

//Third POV\\

Wei Wuxian ducted as a book came flying his way. After explaining his fourth way, not only was Lan Qiren pulled into a fit of rage but the whole class looked as if A-Xian had grown another head.

"Wei Wuxian! There is a reason why the cultivation world rejects the idea of using resentment energy!" Lan Qiren yelled.

"But Resentment energy is energy too!" A-Xian stated. Although he knew arguing with Lan Qiren was useless he didn't back down. 

"Okay then if Resentment is energy too how do you plan about controlling that evil energy and make sure that it only listens to you!" 

This time Wei Wuxian doesn't say anything. While everyone waits for him to speak Wei Wuxian's head hangs low.

Wei Wuxian's POV

Hearing Lan Qiren asks how the resentment will only listen to me stopped me. I wanted to say that I do have the answer however, in this second chance that I have been given I didn't want to become a public enemy once more. I didn't want to live hiding from the world again. 

"I-"

"Wei Wuxian stop..." Jiang Cheng whispers from behind. "Please."

I give in hearing him. I turn around and leave the lecture hall. I know I shouldn't but I didn't want to be there anymore.

"Wei Wuxian! How dare you walk away without my permission!" He shouts but I keep walking.

Jiang Cheng's POV

Wei Wuxian walks away with an unreadable expression. I was afraid. Afraid that if he kept on talking about resentment any longer he might do something that he will regret. 

"I knew he would be a troublemaker just like his mother!" Lan Qiren shouts for the last time before turning to Lan Wangji and telling him to make sure A-Xian receives punishment. But what for? It's not a crime to speak our opinion.

After the lecture ends I quickly speed walk out of the hall and find Wei Wuxian. However, he's nowhere to be seen. I even went to Shijie thinking he might be there but no. I think of giving up, knowing he will return eventually and that's when I hear a familiar sound of a flute. Knowing exactly who it belongs to I just listen to the melody and let it lead the way.

"Hey..." I say and he immediately stops.

I sit beside him as he stares out into the distance. 

"I'm sorry..."

"What for?" I smile.

"I know that in this second chance, I should avoid doing all the mistakes that I made... but I-"

"Well, A-Ying... I may not have noticed this before but Lan QiRen is also in the wrong here." He looks at me wanting me to continue. "He broke his own rules dummy. What happened to not talking behind other's backs or not judging someone or being kind to youn-"

"Ok ok stop!" he laughs. "But I have to get on his good side no?" 

"Goodside? Why?" I give him a questioning look.

"How's he gonna give Lan Wangji and me his blessing if he doesn't approve of me?" We look at each other before bursting out into a fit of laughter. 

"Please be with me till the end. I know I will make mistakes but please believe me this time..." 

//Past Midnight//

"And I was trying so hard not to think of the worst possible thing that could happen to me while I followed him to the lecture hall and all along the way I was also wishing for the ground to swallow me or the lighting to strike me before ever reaching there but to my disappointment and bad luck non of those things happened and I was sweating and crying but he didn't once turn around and I was losing my mind like crazy and when we finally reached there I stopped breathing and could already feel my soul saying goodbye to my body BUT he just told me I improved a little in my studies and that my brother is happy to know that..."

Huisang finished and I was so done with him. It was 2 in the morning and he couldn't keep what happened to him today to himself till morning so here we- well me, Wei Wuxian is half dead asleep and half laughing his head off if that is even possible. 

He banged his head on the floor and that is the reason for him being half-dead asleep.

"Great Huisang now can we go back to sleep we only have two and a half hours before they start waking us up..." I say though he looks at me and makes himself look like he's thinking. 

"Nah I think we should tire ourselves out and then regret it! What do you say Wei-Xiong!" he looks at Wei Wuxian who immediately nods. 

"Yeah no! Get out!" 

After finally getting him out I turn to A-Ying who is in deep thought.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, a few days from now Huan-ge is going to go with Lan Zhan to take care of the Waterborne abysses..." He says frowning.

"Don't think too much about it too much... we won't let it escape okay." saying that we head to bed hoping to get a bit more sleep.