Chapter Ten

Wen Qing walked with Wen Ning walking right next to her. She was frustrated. Although she didn't want to help Wen Ruohan, she had no choice. Not that there was any, to begin with. Her family was included and threatened to be harmed if she didn't complete her task. She had to agree in finding where the Yin Iron were in Cloud Resses. With no luck so far, all she could do was try her best and at least find information that could tell her the whereabouts of it.

"A-Jie? Where are we going?" Wen Ning said timidly.

Wen Qing softened her gaze as she looked at her younger brother. He was the only blood family she had. And protecting him was her first priority. She couldn't bare the thought of leaving him back in the Wen Sect alone knowing something bad could happen to him.

"A-Ning, if you are tired you can head back." She said facing him. But Wen Ning shook his head. "A-Jie I didn't want to imply that I'm tired but you seem to look as if you are finding something. Although I do not know what it is that you are finding here maybe I could help?" Wen Qing smiled again however, before she could say anything she heard movement around her and her gaze sharpened as she hid Wen Ning behind her.

"Who's there?!" she yelled but got no response. Wen Qing let her eyes wander as she tried to find anyone who could be there. A minute later a loud thud came from behind them. Hearing the loud noise Wen Qing drew out her needles ready to attack.

"Ahh, I'm so sorry I didn-" the person didn't finish their sentence. His eyes widen as he stared directly at the Wen siblings. Seeing who it was both Wens bowed.

"Young Master Wei..."

Wen Qing stood there not knowing what to do or say as Wei Ying just stared at them.

"I-Wen Qing... I-" Wei Wuxian finally spoke but it was pretty obvious that he couldn't say what he wanted to say.

"Young Master Wei, are you alright?"

No One's POV

After leaving Lan Wangji, Wei Ying was making his way towards where he had planned to meet the Jiang siblings. However, during that small journey, Wei Wuxian got a bit off track and decided to wander off to God knows where. In the future, he had found a very secluded area that even his husband was unaware of. It had become his escape when he wanted to get away from someone, rest and more importantly if his husband became a little more affectionate than normal. He had spotted a tree and seeing that he still had time Wei Wuxian had decided to take a little nap. Only a little nap though. However, this little nap turned into a dangerous rest as he was out for most of the afternoon and evening. No one could've even guessed his location as the tree that he chose to sleep on hid him pretty well. Wei Wuxian was violently woken up after he fell off from there though before he could explain his sudden appearance from the sky he froze.

Wei Wuxian's POV

I froze after seeing them. I wanted to cry, scream and call out. Apologising for not being able to save them but my words betrayed me as none of them left my mouth. I was happy but also scared. I wanted to save them this time but the question was how? Wen Qing and A-Ning had already gone to the Wen Sect. My gaze never left them and I could see Wen Qing becoming uncomfortable.

My mind was a mess.

One side was in the middle of trying to find a way on how I could save them, while the other side played the bittersweet memories of our time together. How it all came to an end because of my mistake...

"Young Master Wei? Are you alright?" I heard Wen Qing question.

I wanted to answer her. But I couldn't. I wanted to stand and walk towards them. Hold them in my embrace. Feel the feeling of seeing Wen Qing alive again. Of Wen Ning not being half dead again. Unfortunately, I couldn't as my body wouldn't listen to me. Suddenly my head started pounding and my vision became a blur. My breathing became laboured and I felt as if oxygen couldn't reach my lungs any longer. Screaming from every direction started to pierce through my ears. And I wanted nothing more than for them to stop.

You caused their death and you'll do it again

you're a monster no better than Wen Rouhan himself

you didn't save them but slowly led them to their death

This time I found my voice and scream for the voices to stop. I wasn't sure if my screaming was in my head or not. If they could be heard because the Wen siblings didn't move until I felt myself falling and hitting the ground.

Then everything went blank and I could see nothing but endless darkness.

~Time Skip~

Jiang Cheng's POV

We sat there silently. A lot of time had passed and no one had spoken ever since Wen Qing finished telling us what happened. Although Wen Qing doesn't know the reason... I do. I step outside for some fresh air as I started to feel suffocated inside. Soon the door behind me opens and shuts and I don't need to turn around to know who it is.

"How long has it been?" I question.

"Would have been five years by now..." Lan Wangji sighs.

After coming back A-Ying suffered from nighmares and flashbacks from the past. Sometimes he would have a panic attack or sometimes he would just click out of reality if he came across something that reminded him of the dreadful past. They weren't that bad. His nightmares however, would be the worse, screaming, not being able to breathe in his sleep and absurdly waking up drenched in sweat. One time he had managed to go many days without sleep just because he didn't want to relive the past.

Fortunatly, they did stop gradually.

He was getting better.

But now... now that we are in past, I don't know whether that is good anymore. We might be saving them but what if something even worse than before happens. What if he losses himself while trying to save others.

"XianXian it's okay! Everything is fine!" I heard Jie yell from the inside. I rushed in to see him awake and holding both Wen siblings close to him while sobbing badly.

"Please don't go back there! I don't want to lose you again..."

Hey Everyone!

Hope you all well and enjoyed the chapter.

Don't forget to comment and pick out any mistakes I may have made. I'll happily correct them. And Don't forget to Vote!

I love you!