𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰

Start from the beginning

Cold breezes blew onto my skin once I stepped out into the beautiful backyard that led down to a wide running riverbed. The long shards of grass laid on the open range of acres, silence surrounded me besides the comforting noise of the river rushing down stream. Cows mooed from across the street. Chickens crowded around their food barrel, horses and pigs ate the leftover scraps out of their trophs. Rafe's family had been up in the early morning but stayed inside their home while Kristin's husband went out to tend to the animals. Walking through the long shards of grass that came up to my hips, I headed into the direction of the riverbed that caused a sense of relief in my bloodstream. It reminded me of home. The ocean always had seemed to be the one true sense of happiness that brought itself to me. I kept walking through the long grass as my heart fluttered to the noise of the river. I laid my hand against the small bump while I was becoming closer to the river. Sunshine started to form behind the clouds, the grass sat wet from the rain that poured throughout the night.

My eyes gleamed around at the beautiful property that laid in all directions. Finally making it down to the riverbed, large rocks laid around the deeper river that became a natural ecosystem to the fish that swam downstream. Rainbow bass rushed down the stream while I found a flat rock to sit on to listen to the river rush. I sat with my legs up against my chest, staring into the stream that started to form a peacefulness that I had needed after hearing that my best friends were in possible danger. Yawning from the tiredness that ruptured from my eyes, I glanced around at the cloudy sky that was overly unhappy looking. I sat in the silence of my own peace while listening to the rushing cold water splash against the rocks and headed down towards the lower area of the river. Small deers sat across the river, munching on grass that overgrew near the fungus on the large willow trees.

Something in me felt a sense of peace to think about the nature that surrounded me. There was nothing better than the calmness of the Earth. The touch of the beautiful Earth that shines with perfection, I couldn't help but to admire the warmth that nature placed into my heart.

9:00 am.

A couple of hours had passed while I sat next to the stream rushing, listening to the atmosphere around me. I headed back towards the house that sat a couple of minutes away across the acres of large land that Ward and Rose purchased beside his family's home. I messed with the small ring that Rafe's grandmother had given me the prior day. My eyes focused on the surroundings that became an overwhelming calmness that I needed in the long run. While I walked across the grass, I noticed my boyfriend's figure standing in the middle of the kitchen as he brewed himself a cup of coffee after our wild night. I swallowed the anxiety in the back of my throat knowing that I would bring up his sister being missing for almost two whole days. The house flooded with the scent of freshly brewed coffee. Noises of the refrigerator opening and closing echoed as I walked into the house, closing the door behind me. Rafe turned his head into my direction with a smile starting to form on his face. I tucked the flyaway strands of hair behind my ears.

He closed the refrigerator after he grabbed a coffee creamer out from the side of the door. "Where did you go?" He asked with a soft raspiness in his voice that seemed strained. I walked towards the barstool seating area that sat outside of the kitchen. I pulled a barstool out, seating myself on the wooden stool. "Just went to get some fresh air by the riverbed." I explained to him while tiredness erupted from the under eye portion of my face. He tilted his head to the side as he popped the top of the creamer bottle off, pouring a small amount into his cup. "Oh." He responded and turned around to put the creamer bottle into the door of the fridge once again. He leaned over the island, sipping the coffee that coated his tongue in warmth. He looked at me as if he was analyzing my face. His blue eyes glazed from tiredness while he kept staring at the small features on my face before he sighed. "You seem tired, my love." He commented and gleamed his blue eyes into mine. His eyes made me feel a loss of air whenever he stared into mine. Making me feel so many emotions that I couldn't even tell what all of them were, unable to label it.