Part seven

"Are you kidding me? That demon killed another dog, and you're telling me that there's nothing that we can do?" Gemma is furious. The girls were devistated, Phoebe especially. And this officer says no charges will be filed? She knew the system was screwed up, but not how much.

"She said he was provoked."

"Provoked? Have you seen this dog? It is a monster! I'm chasing it off of my property every other day. And did you see what he did to my niece's dog? "

"Again, he could've been provoked. Your dog was half Pitt bull according to the records. Ms. Morris said her dog is never on your property anyway." Really? This guy is bringing breed into this? And the audacity of Celia to lie to the cops! Gemma doesn't know how much more she can take before she snaps.

"Then why don't you ask her who's shit I'm cleaning off of my driveway? Because it's not Alfie's. I've been picking it up long before he and the girls moved in,"

"Look, the dog doesn't have a history of violence. State law says he can't forcibly be put down."

"Okay, then what am I supposed to do?"

"Fix the hole in your fence?" 

M3gan sneaks out of the house once she's sure everyone is asleep. If the cops aren't going to do anything, she'll exact justice herself. By morning Celia will know the pain she caused first hand. She approaches the doghouse and whistles. "Dewey!" Hearing what he thought was his owner's voice, Dewey emerges from the structure.

"Dewey, boy!" M3gan drops a treat to lure the dog closer. "Dewey!" She claps. "Come here, boy. Come on." Dewey gets to the hole in the fence. That's when M3gan strikes. She grabs the dog in such a way that he can't yelp and alert anyone. She quickly strangles the mongrel and tosses the body into a trash bag. Now to dispose of it

The next day was presentation day. Unfortunately Cady has a birthday party at the bowling ally that'd been planned months ago and her friend's parents had already paid for her spot. As much as she'd like to have both girls there, she believes heavily in keeping prior commitments. So Gemma focuses on Phoebe. 

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

"Okay." The girl puts on her glasses and slowly gets out of bed. Gemma notices she'd arranged her stuffed animals in a way that the shape resembled how Alfie slept at the end of her bed.

"It's hard you know? Mom, Dad and I bonded over him. It was like a part of them was still around." Gemma nods. She really doesn't know what to say. "You still up for the presentation?"

"I don't think it's a good idea. Phoebe just endured a highly traumatic event and needs time to process." Phoebe smiles at M3gan. "It's ok M3gan. I want to go. I can't just sit around. Plus I want the company to see how incredible you are." She opens the closet and starts searching for the perfect outfit.