"Yes, possessive. I got jealous because Tara got to do your psych eval instead of me, because she got close to you. And don't get me started on Cat..." I trailed off, he smirked.

"What about her made you jealous?"

"Everything." I said, tilting my head to the side as he moved his hands back to my waist. His thumbs tucking under my sweater to run over the skin on my hips. The movement was sending jolts of ecstasy through me.

"Everything?"

"The way she had your full attention, the way she touched you... the worst was when you danced with her." I admitted.

"You've always wanted to slow dance with someone," that was something I mentioned the first night I stayed with Spence years ago.

"Yes. The entire time I was half a breath away from storming into that room and tearing her away from you." Or killing her with my bare hands. His smirk grew into a smile, his eyes still locked on mine. God, he would be the death of me. "You have no idea how much of a relief it was when I did."

"I could take a guess, judging from everything you said to her afterwards." I grimaced as he spoke.

"I think I forgot you were on the other side of that glass." I said, he nodded with a raised eyebrow.

"I deserve an equal?" He questioned, and I went to climb off of his lap but his hands were still on my hips. His fingers held me still, preventing me from pulling away and I swear I heard him say 'no' under his breath as I tried to move.

"Yes." I answered, and his grip tightened on my hips.

"And we're made for each other?" Wow, I really should have been paying more attention to what I'd been saying in that room.

"Yes."

"When we lock eyes, when I focus on you, nothing else exists?" God damn it, I didn't like how this was turning into an interrogation.

"Yes."

"This isn't the first time you've used us to get on the nerves of a criminal. It's what you did with Harrison Cooper. You said you would never have fallen for him because of me. You didn't date anyone after you left either... is that because of me too?" He asked. I let out a slow breath and nodded.

"Yes."

A few moments of silence passed between us then, and the closeness of our bodies was sending my heart into overdrive. His breath fanned over my collarbone, each exhale a new blanket of warmth on my skin. But I didn't move a muscle, I couldn't. This was where I wanted to be.

"My attention will always belong to you." That wasn't a question, it was confirmation that what I had said in that room was right. "No one will take me from you, I'll always be yours." He was proving my lies were the truth, that it wasn't just in my imagination.

"All I see is you..." he whispered as his hands slipped under my sweater, running along my bare back. It was a direct copy of my words from that interview with Cat. All he sees is me. "All I want is you..." All he wants is me. His hands trailed back down my sides, his touch featherlight down my ribs and stomach. And I knew what the final line would be. All he needs is me.

"All I need is you." His hands held my waist once more before he kissed me hard and slow, my arms wrapping around his neck to keep him close. To make sure he couldn't pull away from me.

My heart was racing as his hold on me changed to a pull, forcing my chest against his chest, my hips against his hips as his hands ran under my sweater. His fingers trailed up my sides, along my ribs and his thumbs brushed both of my peaks at the same time. I let out a sharp breath at the contact, my body flinching involuntarily at the sensation that shot through me.