Chapter 14: Mi amore wing

Start from the beginning

I fall back on my bed. 'By Odin's beard, if it wasn't for Axel we wouldn't have been hunters!?'

Viggo grunts. 'That is the conclusion you get out of the story?'

'You got something else?' I look up and smirk. Viggo sighs and shakes his head, pinching the bridge of his nose in exhaustion. But he smiles anyway.

'No, of course not. Though it's very important that you remember this story, mom wasn't able to tell you, so I did. But you'll have to tell whoever comes next. It's family history that should not be lost throughout the generations.'

I smile. 'Alright, no problem. I'll write it down or something.'

Viggo looks up, and for a moment he looks sad, but the look is gone in seconds and he smiles. He stands up and wraps his arms around me. 'Thank you.'

I widen my eyes. 'Uhhh, yeah, of course.' I didn't know it meant this much to him. But I use the moment to hug him back and smile. His grip tightens, like he doesn't want to let go but knows he has to. When he lets go of me, he has the same face as all those years back. The mask he pulls on to look like he doesn't feel anything, like he only cares about hunting dragons...

'Hey, what's wrong? You at me like I'm about to leave you again.' I chuckle, then I see he doesn't smile. 'I won't leave you again.' I promise seriously. 

Viggo sighs and smiles (sadly?). 

'I know.'

Hiccup's POV

Hiccup's POV

I was so close to training the Armorwing, but of course, the flyers had to ruin things. And as if that wasn't enough, I didn't notice Astrid's necklace. I should have been better, I should have noticed it. Why didn't I?

We hear the Armorwing roar and I immediately look towards it. I look back at Astrid, wanting nothing more but to make things right, but I can't lose time.

'Look, we have to get the lens.' I walk towards the Armorwing, a feeling of guilt settling in my stomach as I do so. 'If we don't, Johann, Viggo and Krogan will hunt down the Armorwing until they have it.' I try to reason. Then the Armorwing suddenly roars and snaps, and I quickly jump back. 

'And how exactly are we supposed to do that?' Snotlout crosses his arms, looking at me as if I'm stupid. Which, honestly, from his perspective, I probably am.

'Oh, Snothat-' Snotlout glares at Dagur, who is grinning madly as ever and takes Snotlout's helmet. 'You know, I thought we were past that! My name-' He widens his eyes in realization. -' Oh, I get it. It's 'cause I'm wearing a hat.' He laughs a bit awkwardly while I simply roll my eyes. Dagur also chuckles. 

'I know a thing or two about winning over people that want me dead. Well, Mala, Heather, uh, Savage, Alvin... Ooh, that merchant from the Northern Market... most of the Archipelago, really.' Dagur walks towards the Armorwing and holds Snotlout's helmet out. 'I have a gift for you.'