Big 21

It's my 21st and Sam and Tara wanted to host it at their place. I'm on my way there at the time they asked me to come. Saying they didn't want me to help set it up. Kaitlyn and I park the car in the driveway, getting out and walking up to a quiet house. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as Kaitlyn opens the door. I walk in "this is fucking sketchy" i mutter looking around the dark house. "Happy birthday" I hear people shout, turning the lights on. Seeing Tara come up to me with a pink sparkly Sash. "You have to wear this for the whole night" she says smiling. "That's so thrashed" i mutter rolling my eyes jokingly, grabbing the thing and putting it over my head. Wearing it across my body. "Ready to party??" Mindy yells, everyone howling and yelling "yeah!". The music turns on and everyone starts grabbing drinks and smoking. Doing their thing.

I'm walking into the kitchen right now grabbing a drink when someone wraps their hands around my head, covering my eyes. "Happy birthday" I hear them whisper behind me. My face contorts into confusion as I turn around, unwrapping their hands. "Nah I'm tripping so hard right now" looking at the woman in front of me. "Surprise?" She says, shyly. How? When? What?" I stutter, speechless. "Kaitlyn invited me, said it'd be good for us to see each other again" she says, tilting her head smiling. "I can't believe your here" i mutter, bringing her into a tight hug. "I see you've found Serenity" Kaitlyn says walking into the kitchen with a not so happy looking Tara. I smile nodding, wrapping my arm around her shoulder instinctively.
"You look pretty" i admit, whispering in her ear. "Thankyou so do you" she mumbles, kissing my cheek.

(Your fit)

(Your fit)

(Serenity's fit)

(Serenity's fit)

The night is filled with me getting absolutely plastered. The told me I have to have 21 shots of whatever I wanted, thank god. I couldn't do tequila or anything like that, that many times. "This was from your mom" Kaitlyn says, finding me sitting outside. She hands me an envelope. I thank her before she walks back inside. I look at it for a moment before opening it. Inside was a card and a '111' necklace. I smile at the necklace, holding it in my hands before opening the card and reading it. "Happy birthday, baby! Big 21! I'm so proud of you for getting this far. I know you're probably reading this and I wasn't the one to hand it to you and I'm so sorry. But just know I'm always with you, looking over you and constantly supporting you. Even if you're making shit life decisions. I love you always my sweet child, happy 21st birthday".
I feel a tear roll down my cheek, wiping it away quickly. Putting the card back in the envelope, i look at the necklace again. "That's pretty" I hear Serenity say behind me. "Thanks, mom got it for me, specifically for this birthday" i mumble, running my hand over the number. "Tara seems Jealous of me" she mumbles, taking a seat next to me. "No she's not" i mutter, shaking my head lightly. A comfortable silence taking over us.
"I think after this, we should go our separate ways, we can't keep jumping in and out of each others lives" she says sadly, grabbing my hand. "Yeah, it's probably for the best, hey" I admit, looking down at our hands. Seeing the bracelet I gave her when we were 17. "You still have it?" I ask, barely above a whisper. "I'll always have it on me." She admits, shyly. I sigh deeply. "I'm so proud of you and the person you've become, Serenity. Seeing you actually so shit with your songs is wild. I'm so grateful I got to meet you in this life. I hope I get to in the next as well" i say with a sad smile, tear rolling down my cheek slowly. "You have always deserved nothing but the best, y/n. You were my favourite person, and I think you always will be. Thankyou for supporting me and loving me through it all, even when it hurt" she admits, eyes welling with tears, her smile small and sad.

After we finish talking we both stand up

After we finish talking we both stand up. Hugging tightly. "Goodbye, Y/n. I love you" she mutters into my chest. "I love you too, always. Goodbye, Serenity" i mutter, kissing her head. She pulls away, walking inside, taking one last glance at me before disappearing. I smile sadly, taking a deep breathe before wiping my eyes. I go back inside to the kitchen to grab another drink, feeling too sober for my 21st. "Serenity just left, why's that?" Tara asks coming up next to me. "We're stepping away from each other lives. We said our last goodbye" i mutter, smiling sadly before walking away, chugging my drink.

It's 2am now and I'm pretty fucking drunk. I walk up to Kaitlyn wrapping my arm around her shoulder, "let's go look at stars on the driveway" I smile brightly. We both stumble outside, Mindy behind us. We walk out the front door and I see a push-bike laying on the walkway in front of their house. "No way. Who's fucking bike is that?" I ask stumbling towards it. "This'll be good" I hear Mindy snicker. I hop on the bike, shakily riding it onto the road, I turn around to come back and I wobble into a car, smacking into it.

"Ain't no way" Kaitlyn yells out laughing drunkenly

"Ain't no way" Kaitlyn yells out laughing drunkenly. I shake my head getting up and grabbing the bike, deciding it's probably best to walk it back. I'm stumbling along the sidewalk when Kaitlyn comes over. "I wanna try" she slurs, grabbing the bike and getting ready to get on. As she puts one leg over it's like she's lost all sense of balance and falls over into the bush. We all start drunkenly laughing at her. "I'm so glad I'm recording" Mindy mutters, putting her phone away.

 "I'm so glad I'm recording" Mindy mutters, putting her phone away

I'm awoken the next morning to a killer hang over. "Fuck me" i mutter, rubbing my head sitting up slowly. "Never again" I hear someone say next to me, I turn my head and see Tara. Hair a mess and half of her clothes throw around the room. I clear my throat looking away. I decide to actually get up and go downstairs, meeting a very hung over Sam, Kaitlyn and Amber. Mindy cheery as ever, making breakfast. "How are you not fucked up?" I ask groggily sitting down next to Sam. "It's a secret I'll never tell" she whispers laughing goofily