Act Like You Never Met Me (CHP 40 - FINALE)

Start from the beginning

Gus's home, decorated by his creative interpretations of the demon realms- ones that his father had allowed. Amity and Willow knocked on the door while Alador and Em hung back."Amity! Willow!" Gus eagerly threw the door open with a grin.

He had gotten an upgrade himself.. He sported dreads with golden rings and glasses with half plastic, half wired frames. Along his yellow coat, Titan shirt and black pants.

"Augustus! Be home by ten tonight and if you need a ride back for whatever reason, please, let Willow or Amity take you!" His father called from the study, and he nodded.

Hopping on Emmeline, the group had completed of what was necessary of the human realm. While the humans grouped near the portal on what was the old campgrounds, Stringbean went through it.

Passing through realms, she flew over head to the Boiling Isles University of Wild Magic, a school opened by the Clawthorne-Whispers.

She entered the main office of the dean, where Eda was. She had her hair almost braided, a pirate like outfit adorning her spunky attitude. Owlbert transformed for her the moment Stringbean was spotted. She bragged her staff midair, spinning him before taking off to find her partner.

Raine wasn't too far, in the palistrum woods. He was with Hunter, asking a few questions about the the planned party. While Eda flew down to greet them and discuss a few things, Stringbean went off into the university again, to a platform used as a classroom.

Edric stood there in a yellow coat, a belt wrapped around his waist. Finally, he had embraced his glasses and facial hair, wearing cracked golden round glasses and have a scrappy beard. His hair was growing out, all the green having been faded to the very ends. He was teaching a class about beast-keeping... In the demon realm. His class was interrupted by the palisman, which he welcomed. He dismissed his class, and grabbed Sunny from a nearby leaf. He hopped on as she became a staff for him.

Flying down, he met with Eda, Raine and Hunter in the palistrum forest. Hunter had fully embraced his mullet and his scars, putting them on full display. Ed couldn't help but smile and blush at the boy he had fallen in love with over four years ago. He giggled like a school girl, hugging his boyfriend and spinning him around in a circle. Hunter giggled as well, his leather apron for palisman carving swaying around his ankles as he was spun.

Eda wrapped an arm around Raine, who leaned into her embrace. With that, they hopped onto their staffs, flying to the portal and crossing through.

Outside, a huge end of summer banquet was set up on what was once camp property. Hunter and Ed had ended up purchasing the land and spent the last two years, since graduating high school, building a home for themselves... Literally. 

They had scrapped the other cabins and used what was once the counselor cabin as a base, beginning to build a home to spend their lives together in. The gateway arch that had once caused so much trouble with Belos had been transformed into an easily opening portal that they had complete watch over, as they had lives both in the human and demon realm... Primarily demon.

As it served as a passing gate between realm, it also served as a place for huge family get togethers with all the excess room. Food brought by Camilla and Luz was already laid out, prepared for anyone to feast on.

After years and years, everyone finally had a life of their dreams.

However, at this dinner, both Hunter and Edric planned to make even more perfect.

As parents greeted their children and those children greeted their friends. everyone was quick to settle down at the table to plate themselves.

Hunter and Edric sat at the head of the table, holding hands beneath the cloth cover.

Everyone knew what was going to happen today- in one way or another...

Hunter stood up, clearing his throat.

"Ladies, gentlemen, Raine. We're all gathered here for... Mostly one reason. Too celebrate what had happened at this camp over 4 yours ago and obviously, we have to congratulate my sister on her efforts. She saved all of us, especially me." He smiled, raising a glass to his adoptive sister at the end of the table, who smiled back.

"And of course to Raine and Eda, for housing us kids for three months and pretending like they didn't wanna get us out of there every minute." He chuckled, a warm smile eminating from the table.

"But... There's kind of something I need to do." He cleared his throat, setting down his drink, causing a curious expression spreading across Ed's face.

Obviously, some kind of speech of recognition had been discussed between them, but Ed was completely caught off guard.

Hunter sighed, before getting down on one knee, Edric's eyes shooting wide open.

"Edric Blight.. We met on this very camp, because I... maybe broke your nose. Since then, you've completely turned my life around and upside down, turning me into a whole new man and staying with me every step of the way.." He began, reaching into the pocket of his apron.

"And, believe it or not, I wanna spend the rest of my life with you. So here I am, on my knees, right here, just to ask..." he popped open a small ring box with a smile. "Will you marry me?"

Edric gasped, covering his mouth. While part of the table was estactic, the other part was.. shocked, strangely enough.

"I even asked your dad for permission, I promise.. I jut wanna do this all right." Hunter was getting more nervous every moment that Ed was silent, staring wide-eyed down at the ring encrusted with yellow and green gems.

"No, no it's perfect, I promise It's just, uhm.." Edric fidgeted with his hands, looking away.

"What? Is it too soon? Because I-I can wait a few more years.." Hunter's voice began to crack from tears as he began to put the ring box away.

"Too soon? No, of course not! It's just.." He opened his pocket of his coat, pulling out a small box and popping it open. "I just wanted to ask it first."

Hunter stared down at the ring in shock, a clearly custom made ring... It was bird wings that overlapped each other, adorned with red gems.

"I wanted to get a band that I knew was gonna be special for you, and I saw this one and.. Well, I just thought it would make you feel like we're carrying a piece of Flapjack down that aisle." He mumbled softly.

"Oh, Ed, it's perfect, he took the ring from the box, slipping it onto his ring finger... and it fit perfectly. He took his ring box back out, grabbing Edric's hand and putting the ring on for him.

They both laughed, Edric standing up. He grabbed his boyfriend, pulling him into a dip before kissing him.

Everything was finally perfect.

THE END.

1724 words.