Chill and Vibe

Nicky, still sore and ripped from his exploits at the Peterson premises was near a tree listening to some music. The boy was so deep into this nostalgic song that he couldn't notice someone was standing beside him.

Maritza: "Well, well, this is something else. The great Nicky Roth vibing and relaxing."

Nicky quickly noticed his friend near him paused his phone and took off his earphones.

Nicky: "Now look, I actually think it's good to relax sometimes."

Maritza: "Yeah true."

Maritza then sat beside Nicky making a smirk.

Maritza: "But there is more to what you said and I'd like to find out."

Nicky let out a sigh, knowing Maritza wouldn't be easy to fool.

Nicky: "Fine you got me."

Maritza chuckled at her success on getting the boy to crack.

Maritza: "So spill, what's with the chilling and whatcha listening to?"

Nicky: "Well I'm still a little bruised and sore from my last encounter with Mr. Peterson, so I thought I would be best to take things easy. And as for the music, I'm listening to Tornado Defense 1st Battle."

Maritza: "I love this one. You wouldn't mind if I joined in?"

Nicky: "Why no, in fact I wouldn't mind at all."

Maritza found a nice, shady spot and sat beside Nicky.

Nicky's pov: "I never would've seen this happening, but I'm actually glad to have some company."

Maritza leaned closer to Nicky. The two really loved this moment right here. The nostalgia, the ease, and the relaxing nature, it was so beautiful. 

Maritza: "I've forgotten how amazing moments like these were."

Nicky: "I know right, it's just nostalgic."

Maritza's pov: "I know me and Nicky have been friends for a while and we have been doing what we can to figure out the secrets Mr. Peterson is hiding in his basement. But it's pretty clear that there is more between me and him." 

Once several minutes have passed, Nicky helped Maritza up. As Nicky was doing this gesture, he made a very interesting remark.

Nicky: "Wow, look at that. Last time you were the one that helped me up, now I'm the one who's repaying the favor. How the tables have turned."

Maritza was taken aback by the words that came out of Nicky. Her heart was beating pretty fast and she  True she was Brave, but she didn't have time for love. Or at least she thought.

Nicky's pov: "I have always been so focussed on proving that Mr. Peterson is hiding his kids and most likely responsible for their demise, but now I'm starting to discover some things about my allies and friends. Maritza especially.

The two Raven Brooks citizens would soon see where their connection for each other would lead them as the days went by.