Restoring and Resting

Nicky Roth was running like there was no tomorrow as Mr. Peterson was gaining on him.

Nicky's pov: "Man, Peterson's been hitting it in the gym."

Nicky tossed a plethora of boxes and bear traps at Mr. Peterson, slowing him down and enraging him.

Mr. Peterson: "Grr. You ruthless fool. Just you wait and-AAAGH!!!"

Mr. Peterson's leg got caught by one of his bear traps.

Mr. Peterson: "No no!!! What the heck. Why now. Stupid scrap metal."

As Mr. Peterson was pulling off the bear trap, he was forced to watch Nicky being home free."

Nicky: "Free at last! I knew I still got some stamina. Puff...Peterson's losing his touch."

As Nicky was running away from the premises, Mr. Peterson returned to his house defeated and furious.

Mr Peterson: "I hate that punk with the fury of a thousand burning suns."

As Nicky entered the house he crashed onto the couch letting out puffs of air. 

Nicky: "Thank God the dude can't chase me beyond his property line. Wheeze!"

As Nicky continued gasping for air, he had no idea he wasn't alone in the house. Nicky then went to the kitchen to get some water. 

Nicky: "Good grief that was close. Mr. Peterson's getting faster and smarter than usual.

Maritza: "That bad huh?"

Nicky nearly spit out his water while jumping up startled only to see his friend Maritza Esposito.

Maritza: "Hmm maybe I should've informed you that I would be here. Oh wait I already did, fifteen times."

Nicky let out an embarrassed chuckle while Maritza just stood there annoyed at the fact she had to wait two hours for Nicky, when he actually went ahead of her.

Nicky: "I'm sorry Mari, but-gah!"

Nicky then tripped and fell to the floor due to the pain he received from breaking into Mr. Peterson's house. Maritza rushed towards Nicky and was shocked to see his kneecaps covered in  scratches, and his arms all messed up.

Maritza: "Oh man, Nick, you're covered in cuts and bruised like an apple. There must've been a lot of traps in that carnival cottage Peterson calls a house." 

Nicky: "The guy's getting more sloppy with his house by the days. There were tools all over the place. Beartraps, boxes, crates, it was a junkyard. And people say that Ivan's room is a mess. 

As Nicky stood up and went to the couch and collapsed.

Nicky: "Good grief it was a long day."

Maritza came back with a piece of clothe and a bottle of vinegar.

Nicky: "Uh Mar, what's all that?"

Maritza: "Well, since you've gotten yourself bruised like an apple, I'm going to help patch you up. Can't have you roaming the town with an infected set of cuts."

After saying that, she poured some vinegar onto the clothe and prepared to place in on the gash. She gave Nicky a separate towel for him to bite on. Just to muffle his screams.

Maritza: "Ok Nicky, this is gonna sting you alot so brace yourself."

Nicky made an sound, signaling to Maritza that he was ready.

Maritza: "Ok, here we go in 3...2...1! "

Nicky: "Oh boy-MPH!!"

Nicky yelled at the top of his lungs. If it weren't for that towel covering his mouth he would be making nearly all of Raven Brooks hearing his scream.

Maritza: "Sorry Nicky, but there are still  few more cuts I gotta clean." 

After several minutes of cleaning, muffled screaming, and flinching, Nicky was all patched up.

Nicky"Wow, this is pretty amazing."

Maritza: "Nicky wait!"

Maritza was still trying to fix up some tangled medical tape Nicky accidentally tripped and collided with Maritza. The two of them suddenly noticed how close they were.

Nicky: "Oh...this...er...I'm s-sorry."

Maritza: "Oh n-no. "

As the two got up, Nicky wanted to do something nice for his friend, to thank her for helping him with his cuts.

Nicky: "Hey Maritza, thank you for the aid. To show you my appreciation, I have some cookies and creme chocolates in the pantry that you might like."

Maritza: "Now you're talking."