Chapter 34

🎶: 'Snooze' by Agust D, Ryuichi Sakamoto, and Woosung

It was late evening.

The sun had already set behind the horizon, leaving the day behind, and the sky was dark. The street lights were lit on, giving some light to late homecomers.

The city itself had already turned its skyline lights on too, but even those strong orbs of electricity couldn't light up the pitch black sky.

Why?

There was a storm tonight, and the forecast predicted lots of rain, which is why many people hurried home to be safe and warm from the showers.

After all, who would want to be out at night, all alone in the cold on a chilly January night, with the icy rain pattering down on you?

Especially when it comes down in huge mounts, and could drench you into your inner core.

No one, right?

Unless... There is a strong willed reason to endure the harsh forces of nature.

A certain brown haired male, covered with a hooded jacket, held a flashlight in his hand as he walked through a cemetery.

The weather was bone chilling, and the solemn atmosphere wasn't any better, but the male pushed himself to get to his destination.

When he finally arrived towards the center of the cemetery, Taehyun halted in his steps.

At that moment, he realized that it's been so long, so long since he last visited Mihye.

The flowers he had planted all this time ago were wilted and dead, the soil dark and damp, and her gravestone was slightly covered with moss.

But not enough to hide her name.

Jung Mihye
January 14th 1999 - August 21st 2016
Remembered by many
Mother to a son, beloved by a partner

Neither could it erase the memory, a memory so painful and vivid, of saying goodbye to her.

Kai and Beomgyu helped the two men lower the white casket in which Mihye was laying in, and made sure it was stable.

Taehyun wanted to help.

But instead, he was holding a three-day-old Juhyeok in his arms, whom he couldn't leave home alone. The little baby, swaddled up in clothes and a blanket, was softly cooing, but in Taehyun's ears, he was calling for someone.

For his mother.

"Wait," he said.

The men stopped their steps, holding their shovels.

"Let me see her one last time."

The pastor nodded.

One of the helpers reached down and opened the latch that opened to reveal Mihye's eternally sleeping face.

At the sight of her, Taehyun's heart broke even more.

Her skin had already turned yellow, but her features were still so beautiful.

"Juhyeok," he whispered.

The baby cooed in response.

"Do you wanna say bye bye to your mommy?"

Juhyeok babbled and only snuggled further into his chest. Taehyun exhaled and blew two kisses to her.

"Goodbye, my love."