Chapter 23

🎶: 'Wishes' by Jamie Miller

Meanwhile, Soobin and Taehyun were driving through the city. Taehyun watched the skyscraper and store lights flash by, until he noticed they were gradually decreasing the further they went.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"Still not telling you."

"But it's not some club or something, right?"

"Nope."

A soft chuckle escaped Soobin.

"I'm not into that stuff."

"Good to know."

Moments later, Soobin turned a corner and then parked the car. Taehyun glanced at their surroundings, and he gasped.

"A ferry?!"

"It's a restaurant too; I thought it'd be nice to have a meal together while we're passing by on the sea," Soobin explained.

Taehyun looked at him with a smile.

"What a pleasant idea!"

And Soobin swore his heart skipped five beats too fast seeing that smile.

Not hungry yet, the pair climbed onto the ferry's deck, the cool night breeze greeting them. Surprisingly, it wasn't very cold for a December night; the temperature was rather fitting.

"The moon is really pretty today," Taehyun muttered, leaning against the rails.

"I would agree," Soobin responded.

He also rested his elbows on the rails of the deck, just as the ferry was set into motion.

The large ship gently strolled over the sea water, pitch black from the night sky above. But there was still plenty of light coming from the lanterns on the upper deck, from the moon, and of course from the city.

Seoul looked breathtaking from all the way over here. Being on the sea at night gives an entirely new perspective of the skyline, glowing like little diamonds.

Taehyun didn't even realize he was moving closer to Soobin to get a better look, until their elbows bumped into each other.

"O-Oh," they nervously chuckled.

"Sorry," Soobin said.

"No, don't worry."

Taehyun smiled shyly, before looking at the sea wistfully, deep in thought.

"I promised Mihye that once we get married, we'll go on a ferry cruise like this too."

"Oh."

The brown haired male clamped his lips, realizing it was bad timing.

"It must bother you, me talking about my dead girlfriend, right?"

"Not at all."

Taehyun stared at Soobin in shock.

"Really?!"

Soobin nodded.

"I really don't. Taehyun, she was someone special to you. Of course you'd remember her; we always remember important people in our lives. Just like how I still think of my mother, even though she died 15 years ago."

"I... no one's really told me that."

"Glad I was your first."

They looked back at the sea for a moment, listening to the waves rustle against the ship.