Chapter 5: dinner

Start from the beginning

He was met with silence again.

Seems Wukong would have to try a little harder to gain his mate's trust again. It was similar to how it was when they first met! He had to wait long for the shadow to trust him, and that was before they even did anything!

Now it would be even harder, since it seems that the stardust still hadn't gotten over their rough past.

But that was okay! He just had to be loving, patient, and kind.

Though....it doesn't help that the darker monkey is already making him mad by refusing to eat...

That's also okay! Macaque will eat food directly from his hands when he is ready. Before that, the moon could eat fruit from the mountain! Sure, he'd still be the one bringing it to the Moonlight but, that's not an option with how the moonshine is acting right now.

"Alright then. If you don't want warm, made with love food, i can get you some fruits. What do you think?"

Wukong was met with a glare, that then looked away, as if to think, before turning back to him, less stern.

"Fine. Fruit is okay i guess."

The darker of the two said, his arms crossed as he pouted slightly.

It was adorable!

But he had to focus on the task at hand, which was: getting fruit for Mango!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

The king, went out of the room, wondering around the mountain in search of fruit that his Moonshine liked.

He didn't know if the moon's taste buds have changed since....their falling out..but! He was mostly sure they didn't.

And so, Monkey King handpicked all the fruit, making sure each one was perfect for his starlight.

-
-
-
-
-
-

Empty.

He had come back to the room, just to find it....empty.

No...no no no..nonononNoNONONONO!-

HE- He couldn't have- he- he was sure he locked the doors behind him!

Why would he do that to him?! why. why? Why!? WHY?!--

...

...

...

There was a ruffling noise.

...

It came from the bed-

-
-
-
-
-
-

He ran toward the bed, and upon closer inspection, he noticed there was a nest ontop, made of the blankets and pillows-

Thank buddha-

Wait.

This could just be a distraction!

He moved his hand franticly over the nest-

Then, a slight growl came out.

From within in.

"...Moonshine?-"
The king spoke unsurely, his heart still racing in his chest from the panic of almost loosing his mate- again.

A soft sound came from within the nest.