𝟎𝟐𝟗. 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

Is this actually happening? — the words rest on the tip of her tongue but she swallows them, instead pulling him down to her and opening her mouth to him, opening herself to him, letting him come in and leave a scathing mark on her.

The reality of what the next morning brings with it is frustrating, a miniscule part of her is shaking at the prospect of facing the consequences of her actions tonight but there's no going back, there hasn't been for a while now.

Especially now that she can feel him, him with all his warm whiskey scented breath, him with his face buried into her neck breathing in her scent, him with his euphoric movements that elicit the sweetest moans from her lips, his own chanting of her name breathed out right into her ear as they feel themselves unravel right here right now.

Tomorrow be damned because right now all she really needs is those lips and this feeling that he's gifted her with.

&& —

Jack knows she likes coffee.

Vanilla coffee with two sugars, to be precise. And he knows she has at least two jars in one of her kitchen cabinets.

So, he decided he'd be nice and prepare some coffee to dampen the inevitable shouts he'll be forced to hear when she realises what they did last night and tracks it all down to him asking if he could kiss her.

That was the plan until he ended up in the kitchen with the coffee maker full of all ingredients except the powdered coffee.

Because he cannot find the powdered coffee.

He grumbles shutting yet another cabinet when he comes up empty handed in his search for the jars a record fourth time and leans back on the counter, keeping his gaze focused on the drawers up ahead while he ponders over where the coffee could be.

"June, it's too early—what".

Jumping up from his place against the kitchen island, Jack quickly turns on his heels only to find Emma standing gaping by the kitchen entrance.

Her eyes slowly trail down his face, taking in his bare upper body and the very very minimalistic clothing covering his lower half.

He feels a hot wave of embarrassment wash over him while she stands there, confused and slightly disgusted.

But then again, he really didn't expect anyone other than June to see him in his boxers this morning.

"Get the fuck out of my kitchen", are the first words that greet him as soon as Emma's sharp blue eyes snap back to his miserable sapphire ones.

He rubs the back of his neck, "Uhm, I just wanted to know where the vanilla coffee powder is—".

"No, wait. Just—stop. Shut up. Shut . . . just what. Please tell me June only brought you here to babysit you and you stripped your clothes off in the middle of the night because you're dumb as fuck".

Her voice is pleading but her face . . . . if only looks could kill.

Now tightly gripping the back of his neck, he chuckles embarrassed.