Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11
Pov Leo

I'm gonna be sick, I think as Nico shadow travels us out side the cell.
The nauseating feeling fades, and I open my eyes, we are a few doors away from the cell I was just in.

"Quick, we can't get caught, it's lunch time, so everyone will be in the courtyard" Jason said, then to my surprise, he grabbed Nico and chucked him over his shoulder.

"Nooo" Nico complained weakly, hitting Jason's back lightly.

Ignoring him Jason started down the hall, Percy and I close behind.
We sprinted down the halls, turning left and right till we finally came across the door to the Wardens Office.

"Oi! What're you lot doin'?!" A gruff voice calls, I look over my shoulder to see a burly prison guard running towards us.

"Hurry up! Get in!" I exclaime.

"The doors locked!" Percy snapped.

I push past and pull out the thin metal pins I had hidden amongst my hair.
Percy turns to face the guard, Jason placed nico down next to me and joined him.

Come on, come on, UNLOCK STUPID BI-

-click-

"Oh-" I open the door and drag Nico in after me. Percy and Jason have the guard knocked out on the ground, his hands cuffed behind his back.

They run into the office and slam the door shut, Percy lent against it as I re-locked it.

Jason was already looking around the small room for the crown.
The door lock clicked again, so I turned to help Jason find the crown.

"We probably don't have long, the guard called for backup just before we knocked him out" Percy warned.

I nodded and ran to the desk that was in the corner of the room, rummaging around in the drawers and looking for anything that could be Heras crown in disguise.

Nico shakily got to his feet...and fell over straight away, crashing into a pile of boxes and paper.

"Ugh, stupid legs" he groaned into the ground.

I stared as a small gold and silver box tumbled out of the pile, and rolled over to me, stopping at my feet.

We all stood in silence, is this it?

"Well? Pick it up!" Jason said.

I reached down and clasped the small shiny box in my hands.
It was cold to the touch slowly I pulled a closer to me and open the lid. Instantly a bright flash appeared temporarily blinding me when I regained my vision I saw a gold and silver leaf Crown sitting ostentatiously in my grasp.

"No bloody way" Percy said quietly.

I turned the crown around in my hand, peering at it, engraved on the inside of the crown was Hephestus' symbol.

Strange, I thought to myself. But before my mind could spiral into that thought, a loud bang came from the door.

"OPEN THE GODS DAM DOOR!!!" The Warden yelled, furiously.

"Ah ha!" Jason exclaimed, pulling out my tool belt from a hidden drawer, along with his and Percys swords.
I clicked my belt on and pulled out a mallet for protection.

Jason dragged a limp Nico away from the door and placed him, hidden, behind the desk.

Just as he stood back beside me, the door burst open, the Warden, Lance and multiple other guards filled into the room.
Percy and Jason charged head on into the hoard of men.
Only us three knew that their swords wouldn't inflict any damage onto the guards, but that doesn't mean we were unarmed.

A near by pipe burst and water came flowing out of it, right to percys hands.
The lights started flickering as small electrical currents shot their way over to Jason.

I ducked into the crowd, swinging my hammer at the legs and stomachs of the men.

All hell broke loose.

There where yells and shouts from the officers, I could hear Percy shouting a wide variety of insults and curses at the guards, while Jason fought silently.
More and more men joined the fight. Suddenly my hammer is ripped from my hands by a burly officer with a black buzz cut.

"Hey give it back!!" I shout, jumping up, trying to reach my hammer, the officer laughed at my feeble attempts.

Scowling, I lifted my hand, that was dripping in gasoline, and lashed out, running my palm across his uniform.

"What the f**k?! You little brat!" Mr. Buzz cut lunged forward to try and catch me, I side stepped, and lit my hand ablaze. Instantly he became a human torch.

I smiled as he ran through the crowed, his clothes aflame.
I felt a strong fist make contact with my face, my head spun, and my vision dimmed, instinctively I lashed out, fire encasing my arm.

But it was no use, the punch to my head had messed up my aim and ability to see. I stumbled around before tripping over someone.

"Watch it idiot" Nico snapped, as I fell over his legs.

"Can't see" I muttered, my head pounding.

I saw the blurry figure of Nico get shakily to his feet, his Stygian sword clasped in his hands.
My vision blacked out, I could still hear the yells of the fight, but I couldn't see or move.

Of course this happened to me
I sulked.

I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist and haul me up wards.
Then a nauseous feeling swamped over me and the world warped around me.
Finally I feel the sturdy safe feeling of wooden plank ls beneath me.

Blinking a few times my vision clears, I am now on the argo II with Jason, Percy, Nico, and the rest of the seven.
Annabeth crash tackled Percy in a hug, and Piper had her arms wrapped around Jason, who was holding her back.

Frank and Hazel stood off to the side, holding hands, Nico slumped now near me.

"Will is gonna kill me" he muttered, staring at his shaking hands.

"DAM RIGHT I AM!" Someone snapped, in seconds Nico had been wrapped up in a tight hug from the tall blond, who then started scolding him for over using his powers, and how he needs to rest and eat lots of food.

I closed my eyes again, pouting at the fact that Calypso wasn't here.

Finally I stood and walked over to the hull of the ship, running my hand over its control board.

"Time to go home" I said quietly.

A/N
Wow, okay, I'm honestly surprised at myself for getting this far with the story  :D
Have a fabulous day, and remember to stay safe, hydrated, rested and well fed<3