CHAPTER TWO: THE JOURNEY TO THE END STARTS AT THE BEGINNING

Dorothy was with her mother, quietly helping her with the gardening. Thinking deeply with her heart. Her mother spoke, saying: "you could do those over there if you would like". Dorothy woke up from her daydreaming, a little sad that the dreams were over. "Yes mother" she said, trying to work out what her mother meant. Her mother had a funny face on her. She knew her daughter and knew what caused her dim outlook. Dorothy was missing someone. Peter had been born in the house next door, and Dorothy had been born in their current house. So it was clear, she missed him. It had been a year and three months since Peter had left. They'd grown up together and had got along ever since they were born(7 months apart). Peter at the end of August and Dorthy at the start of March. The handbrokes had left just before Peter's 8th birthday. Peter's father was a Chaplin, and he was called to a far away place that they could not disclose.

Dorothy went to bed that night, exhausted and not saying much except a few"okays".
"Goodnight's" and "maybe's". That night, Dorothy had another nightmare, as she had ever since Peter had gone away. She woke up from seeing awful beings doing awful things, expecting the fear to leave. This time she couldn't shake the fear, so she tried to shake it with a book. This time "The Panda's Great Excuse" A book that always caused laughter. Not this time though, she read the whole book, only smiling once and a small "ha". She sighed and went back to sleep. The next morning was school. She got ready, ate breakfast and went out. She went the long way this time, dreading the angry teachers. Likewise, she started releasing the anger by herself "oo do this mweng mweng do that blah blah blah".
"Dorothy, why are you angry?" God questioned.
Dorothy sighed. "I'm alone God. I have no friends, no enemies, no nothing" Dorothy sighed again.
God sighed as well, "you forgot about me?" He then pouted a little, which made Dorothy a little happy.
God got serious, "you're also wrong about the enemy thing".
Dorothy felt a chill, "I see him".
"Her" God corrected. "I have allowed her for a while"
"Why?" Dorothy questioned.
"I don't want you to be unprepared" God smiled.
"God, why am I like this. I'm so stupid" Dorothy continued to speak to her creator.
God listened to her while she said, "I'm only nine, but I'm already lost"
God wanted to cheer her up, "you should've seen me at nine".
Dorothy and God had a chuckle. 
Interrupting their happy time, something struck Dorothy on the head.
"Waddup stupid head" it was Mandy. All the blood drained from Dorothy's head, a quiet "hey" left her lips. "Who were you talking to, lamobraino?" Dorothy let out a simple "uh..." This didn't appease Mandy, so she kept prying.
"You know how weird you are?" Mandy insulted rhetorically.
"What do you want, Mandy? Dorothy stood her ground.
"Heh" Mandy chuckled to herself. "Your head, of course".
Dorothy looked down.
"Just kidding, you should see your face". Mandy laughed. "But you do have to be my slave" Mandy wasn't joking about that. "Hold my bag".
"No" Dorothy said quietly, then ran off while Mandy was yelling at her, "hey come back you stupid idiot."
Dorothy's day went exactly as Dorothy expected. The teacher yelled at her, she heard gossip, and she tripped and fell, but don't worry, here are some spoilers: Dorothy will be okay. If God watches the birds to their grave, he'll certainly watch over his friends. Dorothy's life had such trails, but now it's time to check on Peter and Carry.

Carry brushed away a fern going along the path out of the forest. Peter followed his actions then spoke.
"Carry, can I look at the map?"
"Not yet Peter... we need to get to the clearing"
"How much longer"
"Just around the corner"
"Okay" Peter's head was downcast, but they continued walking.
"We're here" Carry smiled.
It was a beautiful sight. There was a table and stumps for chairs. With a ray of sunshine bleeding through the chairs. Peter and Carry set down their things, then took out the map.
"Okay we are here" Carry pointed at the map. "This is the path we need to take, here's where we go" Peter listened intently then pointed at a skull on the map. "What's this for?" he questioned.
"That my friend is Doff. WE DEFINITELY DON'T WANT TO MEET HIM!" Carry raised his voice to drive the point home. "He's the demon at the edge of the forest, We need to slip past him while he's sleeping"
"Okay" Peter pouted. "When are we gonna fight"
"Hopefully, never" Carry said poignantly (Peter pouted harder). "Let's get some sleep, Peter, then we can finish the journey out of the forest tomorrow."
"Okay" Peter agreed, not wanting to argue.