Ch.2: The Powers

Y/N POV:

I gasped. I was alive. I woke up in my bed. 'How did we even get home yesterday?' I asked myself. When I got out of bed I saw the orange coin on my bedside table. I grabbed it and stuffed it in my pocket.

I went downstairs to get some breakfast, but when I opened the cupboard to get some cutlery, I pulled the drawer out and the cupboard with it. 'What the fuck? Since when have I been able to do that?' I asked myself. I just shrugged it off and put the cupboard back in place and ate my breakfast.

------------------------

I arrived at school and had my first few periods. At lunch I sat by myself like usual, but I saw Billy get surrounded by a bunch of people who looked like nerds or people who would get bullied a lot in general. 'I wonder what's up with him?' I asked myself.

Then I saw Kimberly drag Billy with her and I turned around to eat but I saw Jason sitting in the chair in front of me. "Holy shit! That's scared the living hell out me!" I said and Jason just laughed. "Listen, something is happening to Kimberly and I, and it's probably also happening to you. Just come with me and we can discuss it all privately." Jason told me.

Jason and I met up with Billy and Kimberly and put our coins next to theirs. "Listen," Jason started, "we know something happened out there, okay? I'm not the same." "Me neither," said Billy, "I'm strong." To which Kimberly replied: "How strong?" "Like insanely strong." I finished for him. "I destroyed a whole cupboard with a simple pull this morning."

"I feel like we need to go back up there." Kimberly said. Suddenly our coins began floating so we caught them and held them against the metal counter.

The counter suddenly started boiling and people's food started exploding in their faces. "I'm going back today." Jason simply told us before he walked off, so Billy, Kim, and I did the same. "Same." I said.

------------------------

We were driving back to the mines and saw our van from yesterday completely totalled. "Let's just keep going." Kim said.

A few minutes later we arrived back at the mine where we found those weird coins and saw the same dude from yesterday trying to dig something up. "Find anything interesting?" Jason yelled. "Yeah, like a second coin for you that you plan to sell on EBay or something?" I also yelled.

"If I do, I'm keeping it!" the guy shouted. "We know why you're here." Kimberly told the guy. "Oh yeah?" he asked skeptically, "You guys wake up, surprised to be alive, and JUMP OVER A HOUSE?!"

"Yeah! Kinda, well, no. Look we're different alright?" Billy said. "You're Zack, right?" Kimberly asked. "Yep." he answered. 'So that's his name' I thought. "You still go to Angel Grove?" Jason asked. "Sometimes!" Zack answered, which made Jason chuckle. "The other girl was here too, about an hour ago!" Zack said.

"You mean that girl right there?" I said, pointing to the top of the cliff. "Hey Y/N!" she shouted. "How does she know my name? I never told her my name." I told the others quietly, but Billy, as much as I like him, is pretty daft and just yelled at the girl. "Hey! How do you know his name?!"

"I have my ways!" she said. "Hey! Come on down! We should figure this out together!" Jason pleaded with her but before he knew it, she was climbing up the side of the cliff, all the way to the top. "Woah." Kim said quietly.

Kim and I decided to jump towards the cliff at the same time and raced up the side of it to get all the way up. Kim ran towards the 'crazy' girl, who's name I still don't even know yet, and told her to stop. "Just talk to me." Kim told her. "You have a coin. We have a coin. We should just talk about this." Kim said.