three | opposite ends of the spectrum

(be on) the right side of history (idiom): to do something that history shows was ethically correct - We knew we were on the right side of history when we fought the fascists in World War Two

(be on) the right side of history (idiom): to do something that history shows was ethically correct - We knew we were on the right side of history when we fought the fascists in World War Two. (Note: the opposite of "on the wrong side of history")

˜"*°*"˜

THE UNFORTUNATE EVENT of me bumping into Jordynn Vos made me want to pull my hair out of its roots.

But I restrained myself, putting some distance in between us after I'd regained my composure- losing it to begin with was completely uncharacteristic for me. I cleared my throat, throwing my wave of dark hair behind my shoulders and looking up at the woman that stood at least a head above me.

We stood in an uncomfortable silence, both of us seemingly waiting for the other to say something or make the first move. It was clear when she'd cleared her own throat and shuffled nervously on her feet that it would be her and my guard was instinctively raised.

This was the same girl that had treated Lonan with animosity, and even before had treated me as if I didn't exist whenever we'd see one in another in passing on campus or were sat next to each another during our fathers' dinners- she'd rather scroll through her Instagram feed all night than say a word to me and when that bored her she'd result to a game of Candy Crush- which for the record she absolutely sucked at.

I'm ashamed to say that her enigmatic persona had once interested me and I'd strained my neck far too many times for just a glance at her phone screen (mostly because those dinners were truly hell to sit through alone) before I'd depleted all of my resources on trying to get through to her and eventually gave up, having realized that my futile attempts were a mirage and abominably pitiful and that wasn't just because I wasn't good with coming up with conversations that didn't revolve around politics or social issues.

Jordyn was simply just difficult. She's been that way for as long as I've known her.

Given our unmemorable track record of interactions- if we're not including the time(s) her and Lonan had nearly fought- the very last thing I was expecting was an, "Are you okay?" Spoken in a tone that despite the obvious reluctance made her sound genuinely concerned.

I narrowed my eyes in skepticism before slowly nodding, "Yes..." I trailed off unsurely before shaking it off. "Yeah. I'm okay."

"Good." She awkwardly looked around, distracting herself with anything else but me. I don't know why we stood around one another instead of one of simply walking away.

It wasn't that hard.

But our bodies didn't seem to get the memo, until they were prompted by the sound of a distinctively familiar voice. "Jordynn?" We both searched for Jordynn's mother, easily finding her standing a few feet away from where we were seemingly frozen.