Chapter 1: Starlight ★

Start from the beginning

And I said, "Oh, my, what a marvelous tune"

It was the best night, never would forget how he moved

The whole place was dressed to the nines

And we were dancing, dancing

Like we're made of starlight, starlight

I flipped the pancakes carefully, watching as they puffed up and cooked on the other side. The chocolate chips melted, creating little pockets of molten chocolate that oozed out when I pressed down with the spatula. The pancakes were almost ready, just a few more minutes on each side.

Finally, I plated the pancakes, stacking them high on a large serving dish. A drizzle of maple syrup cascaded down the sides, glistening in the morning light. I garnished the stack with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, adding a touch of elegance to the breakfast feast.

Ronnie's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, grogginess still clinging to my body. Rubbing my eyes, I reached for my phone to turn off the blaring noise. The bright screen blinded me for a moment, but I quickly adjusted. As I sat up, I could feel the remnants of a melody floating in my mind. It was a tune that had visited me in my dreams, and I was determined to capture it before it slipped away.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and stretched, feeling the familiar tingle of anticipation. With a sense of excitement, I made my way to the bathroom, the melody still playing on repeat in my head.

As I brushed my teeth, I hummed the tune softly, trying to capture every note and rhythm. The melody seemed to weave itself into the sound of the running water and the bristles against my teeth. I quickly rinsed my mouth and splashed my face with cold water, hoping to clear my mind and focus on the music.

He said, "Look at you, worrying too much about things you can't change

You'll spend your whole life singing the blues if you keep thinking that way"

He was trying to skip rocks on the ocean, saying to me

"Don't you see the starlight, starlight?

Don't you dream impossible things?"

I moved to my bedroom, where my guitar awaited me. I picked it up, feeling the familiar weight in my hands. The strings resonated with the vibrations of my touch as if they were eager to bring the melody to life. I strummed a few chords, experimenting with different progressions, searching for the perfect harmony to accompany the melody.

The ideas flowed effortlessly as I played, the melody guiding me through the chords and lyrics. It was as if the song had been waiting patiently for me to wake up and give it a voice. I scribbled down the lyrics on a notepad, capturing the emotions and imagery that the melody evoked.

With the song taking shape, I glanced at the clock and realized that time was slipping away. I put my guitar down reluctantly, knowing that there would be more opportunities to fine-tune the song later. I threw on a comfortable hoodie and jeans, the uniform of a musician, and made my way downstairs.

Like, "Oh, my, what a marvelous tune"

It was the best night, never would forget how he moved