Chapter Twenty-Two: Forget About Me

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Everyone cheered in agreement. 

"And today, our wonderful actor/designer, Kourtnee Greene, is going to show you your completed costumes." 

We all applauded and Nini dramatically pulled the sheet off of the rack dramatically.

"Speech! Speech!" She shouted. 

"Ok, so I guess I'm giving a speech," Kourtnee agreed, "I'm super excited for you all to see your costumes because..."

She was cut off by an elephant sound coming from her phone. 

"Oh, sorry, that's Howie. Anyway, with your costumes this semester, I really tried to-"

Her phone sounded again. 

"Can you not keep your phone on silent during rehearsal, like everyone else?" Carlos asked. 

" 'Sorry everyone', is what Carlos would say...if he were more like me." Seb said. 

"Ok Kourt, I am sorry, but listen to this caption from North High. It took 20 people over 50 hours to create our Belles' dresses. Beast costumes ever." 

"Terrible pun." Ricky pointed out. 

"Dresses?" Ashlyn asked. "Like they're making one for their understudy too?"

"And when we're unveiling our costumes?" Carlos asked. "How do they know that? Unless Megan just knows us that well."

"I don't think Megan's telling them anything about us," Nini argued, "She helped me with the Rose song, and North High surely would have mentioned that if they caught wind of it." 

Kourtnee's phone went off again.

"Regardless, they've been trolling us like this for weeks guys and I'm trying to not let it get to me-"

Another text tone. 

"Oh my gosh, is your phone hungry? I don't understand what I'm hearing." 

"Ok, ok, let's get back to our costumes." Ms. Jenn interrupted. "Go ahead, Kourt."

"Anyway, took me a while, but I built you soe abs that would make Captain America proud." She said, handing me my Gaston shirt. 

"I have abs." I pointed out. 

"EJ, everyone has abs. These are Kourtnee originals. I also padded the tush for you."

"Oh thanks, I actually need that." I chuckled. "This is amazing, Kourt."

"Oh, no problem. Next, and every Gaston needs a Beast." She said, handing Ricky his ballroom costume. "Oh, that's weird. Your mask should be here. Um, has anyone seen a Beast mask?"

"Haven't seen it." Big Red said.

"We're too busy being obsessed with our costumes," Ashlyn said, holding up her blue dress, "Who needs ridiculously expensive, period accurate ballgowns when we've got Kourtnee Greene's designs?"

"Guys, I know where our Beast mask is." Carlos said, turning his phone to face us. 

I couldn't focus on much else though, as I instantly zeroed in on Megan standing beside her Belle dress mannequin. She was smiling, but just like every other North High post, it wasn't her smile. Not the one I knew, anyway. 

"What?"

"I don't get it. Can you just..."

"What are we looking at?" I asked.

"Look at the trunk!" Carlos zoomed in on the trunk in the background of the photo. "Hello? That is obviously Beast fur. Look, it all makes sense. Our mask just happens to go missing on the same day they post this? They snuck in here and took it."