"I don't know. That was my last night for this month with a full moon. If I go off running again, the elders will know I'm doing what they told me not to do. Like, your mum is going to be so mad."

"She is. She wasn't happy to hear you were out roaming last night or the night before, but she knows you don't have full control yet. Like you can occasionally shift, but during the full moon you have no choice."

I nodded a little and pushed my finger down on a sugar wrapper. "I just don't feel good sitting on my ass all day."

"No, but you still have some messed up ribs, mate. Don't be a dumbass. Not to mention, your arm isn't even fully healed yet either. What're you going to do against a feral dryad?"

"I've got you, don't I?" I asked with a sly smile.

Creek rolled their eyes. "Eh, screaming at it just makes it run away."

"Yeah, we could make it run into a trap."

"You're an idiot."

"Am I though?" I smirked at them.

"If we get caught dryad hunting, we'll both get skinned alive." They sighed deeply. I think I was winning in on them.

"Yeah sure, but what if we don't get caught," I countered. "We're not the only ones who're really tired of waiting for the dryad to claim their next victim. We really should all be out there looking constantly, shouldn't we?"

"Well, it's dangerous, innit. And in the end, we're all just a bunch of... Kids, really. We don't really know what we're up against."

"But we do know that they don't like your scream. And we know I can at least hurt it... Somewhat."

"And it can hurt you." They pressed their lips together and shook their head. "I don't think it's a good idea."

"It's a brilliant idea." I winked at them.

It wasn't really a brilliant idea, and no one was really that on board with it

It wasn't really a brilliant idea, and no one was really that on board with it. Cal was reluctantly digging a trap with her brothers. Fred was lounging on a big trunk next to Abel, while Creek anxiously walked around the clearing.

I spent my time scouring through the forest, the wolf having lent me his sense of smell. I kept circling the clearing, slowly working my way further and further away, but never so far, I couldn't still call for help in case the dryad appeared.

A very familiar smell hit me, and I looked over my shoulder, waving at Abel, as he was coming towards me.

"Find anything?" he asked, his hands shoved into the pockets of the bomber jacket. It was almost as if he was cold. Had even borrowed a scarf from me.

"Nothing but you, I'm afraid."

"Well, I'm a catch." He did that dorky wink of his and grabbed my hand. "You catching anything but me?"