// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪-𝕠𝕟𝕖 //

Start from the beginning

Y/n didn't say anything, but she had also noticed Goku's mood improve. He was no longer acting rash and petty, but then again, it hadn't been long enough for her to say definitively whether or not he had improved. But just the thought that they were both finally happy made Y/n wonder if things were going back to the way they were before, before she had gotten her memories. Maybe she could finally be friends with Goku again, instead of their relationship jumping back and forth between acquaintances and lovers. The thought kept occupying her mind as her and Bulma got to work, building a brand new type of the dragon radar.

With both Y/n and Bulma working on the radar together, it hardly took them much time, just a couple hours. Just as they were adding the final touches to the radar, a familiar head of hair poked through the door, Goku peeking in with a grin.

"Is it done? Can I see it?" He asked as he walked in, followed by Vegeta and Whis. Bulma sighed, wiping the sweat off her forehead with her lab coat sleeve, handing over the large radar. Goku's eyes widened as he took it by its handles, marveling at the sheer size of it. "Wow, it's so big! It's even bigger than my head!"

"I couldn't build one exactly like the last radar, that was the smallest I could make it. Too much universe to scan. Why don't you try it out?" Bulma suggested with a smile. Goku's eyes widened as he giggled with excitement, pressing the large buttons on the handles to turn it on. But when nothing happened, Goku furrowed his brows in frustration.

"Bulma, I don't think this thing works." He said. Bulma's eyes widened, growling in annoyance.

"What? Give it here!" She snatched it out of his hands, repeatedly pressing the buttons, getting progressively more angry when nothing happened. Whis cleared his throat, stepping forward.

"You know, the device may not be the issue, rather the fact that we are at the edge of this universe. No matter the strength of the device, if you're not centered directly in the middle of the universe, I doubt you'll ever find it," Whis said. Bulma growled, nearly crushing the new radar in her grip as she huffed.

"Well how the hell am I supposed to do that? Why are you guys always giving me the hard jobs?" She complained. Vegeta huffed, crossing his arms.

"Would you rather do the fighting?" He asked. Bulma shot him a dirty look, getting sick of everything already.

"Nobody asked you, shut up." She retorted. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she handed the radar over to Y/n, who carefully took it, hoping it wasn't already abused and broken. "I'll ask my sister to have Jaco come to Earth. He's a Galactic Patrolman, surely he'll know something."

"Why can't Whis take us?" Y/n questioned, making Whis's eyes grow wide as he suddenly felt called out. Whis forced himself to clear his throat, chuckling nervously.

"I-I'm actually about to leave, you see. I'm going to go pick up the final team member," Whis said, feeling awkward talking about it. He knew the truth, and it was difficult for even someone of the likes of him to take it seriously.

"Oh! You'd better get going then! I can't wait to meet him!" Goku started pushing Whis, receiving a glare from the taller man. Whis sighed, bidding them farewell as he exited. Bulma watched as the door shut, squinting her eyes suspiciously.

"That Beerus must be up to something," Bulma spoke aloud, confusing the others. Goku raised a brow, placing his hands on his hips.