Part Fourteen

Warning:  swearing, smut

*****************

To say your life was stressful at the moment would be an understatement, it was a fuck-show. Negan managed to make bail and for that you were grateful, what was causing the stress was that he wouldn't leave you the fuck alone. The minute he was released, Negan had sent you a text and you had warned him to keep a distance while the case was running its course, but he refused to listen. He would send text after text, wanting to see you and each time you would decline his requests. Doing everything possible to keep the distance, even to the point of taking double shifts not to be at home the first week after he was released.

*****

You were deadass tired pulling up into your driveway, realizing now that maybe doing double shifts for a week and a half was not such a good idea after all. Luckly for you though, your Captain had forced three days of leave onto you.

Getting out of your car in auto mode, you were shocked sober discovery your door was already unlocked when attempting to unlock it.

Unholstering your gun, you quietly proceeded through the front door. The living-room lights were still off but the kitchen lights were on though.

"Jesus, Negan..." you exhale heavily finding him eating the kitchen.

"I almost fuckin' shot you."

"Hi Baby..." Negan smiles, getting up from the chair to greet you.

You frown at him, holstering your gun.

"What are you doing here?"

"Came to see ya" Negan responds, wrapping his arms around you.

Placing a hand against his chest, you push yourself from out of his embrace.

"I told you to stay away."

"Relax, Baby" Negan pulls you back in his arms, pressing a kiss to your cheek.

"Case ended today, so there's nothing to worry about."

You stare up at him in surprised confusion.

"What? And you didn't get time?"

"Took a plea bargain" Negan explains smirking.

"Got probation."

"That's good, as well as surprising news..." you double-take at his words.

"Yeah, your advice to Lucille helped in persuading the DA into agreeing."

You felt your stomach begin to turn at the mention of his wife.

"Glad it helped" you respond with a weak smile.

"Yeah, now we can get back to us" Negan tips down to nuzzle his nose suggestively against the side of your neck.

Attempting to fight the urge to give in, you let out a tense breathe in warning.

"Negan..."

"Fuck, I missed you..." Negan softly nips at your throat.

"Negan, wait!" you interrupt his trail of kisses going any further.

Immediately halting, Negan looks up, cupping your face in concern.

"What's wrong, Sweetheart?"

"Can we just take a step back for a second?"

"Sure" Negan nods, releasing his hold on you.

"You ok?"

"Just a need a moment to absorb all the information" you answer with a head nod.