Capter 9

Third POV

He really shouldn't have been surprised to see the person in front of him was.....

————————————————————————

He should be mildly impressed by her pure arrogance. But he suspects she's just ignorant, it is impolite to stop a lord, heir or heir apparent if they choose to leave a gathering even if they are of low standing it's just manners. But she actually blocked his way from the door?

He suppose it wouldn't be that big of a deal had she been someone else but she's been eyeing his the whole event and it's been taxing on his nerves.

He pulled his mask back on giving her a polite if icy smile "yes, lady Mellisa?" D'aviné said tone of voice not matching the sweet smile on his cherry colored lips.

She smile back giving as good as he gave but going for a polite snow flower than his polite ice queen. She went for pure and noble he went for Elegant and Arrogant which with his standing in high society wasn't seen as anything disrespectful or distasteful if anything it was Mellisa who was seen in that light, he could see the sneaky sneers and side eyes and whispered gossip amongst the women of the noble society known for their...... how do you say, informant skills?

The noble men for their part even though they knew it was impolite and had it been anyone else they would have sneered openly but they were a little moved by her appearance she was in fact beautiful and she knew how to use it.

She looked meek and sheepish probably catching the side eyes and whispers as well and choosing to go for this route to soften whatever blow those women would do to her image.

"Sorry heir azure... I just had enjoyed our time together and was wondering if we could set up tea times? I've heard that's normal for noble society when they want friendships?" She said giving the image of any ignorant but prideful heroine who persevered the roughness that is high society when they came from a background from lower standings, d'aviné was suddenly sick of it.

He smiled the image angelic to all who saw it but if they looked at his eyes they see he is in fact part demon as well. He decided who was she that he had to go through the taxing ordeal that is mental shielding(masking his emotions) he could be as rude to her as he wants while still being seen as polite and elegant.

She seemed fun she still seems Interesting but he finds she's not worth that much of his effort or attention besides, if him being his true self runs the other capture targets out of his sugar covered poisoned hands.... Where they really meant to be his anyways?

Just because he didn't want to play with her as much didn't mean he would throw away his manners he had class after all.

He let his demonic nature come to light just a bit, his normal amethyst colored eyes now had a glowing sheen to them. Even then his angelic nature shined through giving him the hauntingly beautiful image of a fallen angel....They could see the truth in the saying "even the devil himself was an angel once"

But the words that came out his mouth were anything but angelic even if it was said in a voice practically laced in syrup and honey "Who are you to assume I would want to be friends with someone of your standing? You are of no importance nor are you related to somebody of standing that would allow us to be considered something like friends... what made you think you were special that you could disregard basic unspoken rules, you come into higher society then you're meant to thinking you could get away with anything because this is new to you?" He laughed the sound ringing across the now silent ballroom like wind chimes. He had to stop himself there lest he start himself on a ranting spree.