Chapter 1

A small child was shivering in the cold streets of Yilling, his whole body was covered in scars because of the fight he had put up with the dogs for his food, which is nothing but a small leftover bun from a nearby dustbin. He is Wei Ying. His parents had gone on a nighthunt, and it's been days since they had not returned, but he didn't lose hope. Normally when his parents went for a night hunt there would be some days they returned late or would come the next morning for sure but, atleast they still returned.

He still remembered her mother's last words when she left for the hunt "A-xian remember no matter whatever the situation is, always keep smiling, be a ray of sunshine for everyone but be your true self and cry only in front of your family"

And so he did what his mama told him, ke kept smiling to everyone, even if he received hate, even if he received harsh words, even if he received disgusting stares, even if he received beatings, even if he had to starve for days, even if he got scratches all over his body by the dogs, he still smiled.

He doesn't know how much time has passed, there was only this one kind lady who would give him some food from her shop. But it has also been days she is not in her shop, so Wei Ying again had to eat the leftover food from the bins and fight for it from the dogs.

Now he was rubbing himself with the little last piece of cloth he had on himself to keep himself warm in the snowy weather. With a stick in his hand, he drew 3 figures in the ground. Under the left big figure he wrote baba, under the right figure he wrote aniang (mother) in the centre under the smallest figure he wrote Wei Ying, and giggled to himself.

Just as he finished writing so, he saw two white small shoes in front on him, he lifted himself up to see a small child of his same age, the most prettiest person he had ever seen, wearing pure baby blue white clothes, with white ribbon, chubby cheeks, he was like a fairy, an angel.

The fairy extended his hand, and there was a rattle drum in his hand. He said, "for you" , Wei Ying took the rattle drum, smiled to the fairy and said, "thank you gege" . He wanted to know the fairy's name, but just as he was going to do so, the fairy seemed to hear a familiar voice calling him and he went away.

Poor Wei Ying couldn't know the fairy's name, but he knew that rattle drum was always gonna be his favourite toy from now on, bcs he believed that his parents have sent his favourite toy as a gift through the hands of his fairy gege. And he was gonna always preserve it.

---------------------------------------

I know I suck at writing stories 🥲 and it's my first time to write a full story, other than only writing oneshots.

Anyways please ignore the grammatical mistakes, and please do comment as to how is it.