A ghostly evolution

Saphira's P.O.V:

I loved helping out my grandmother and her coworkers at Realm Labs in Mexico, My home. I lost my dad when I was just an un-born baby in mom's womb.

But after I turned 7, there was an earthquake, and mom sacrificed herself to save me. Grandmother was all I had left.

I put on my skintight jumpsuit that kinda looks of a dress and suit together, and help the coworkers with storage, fix some screw loose machinery, and helped grandmother find her glasses, from time to time.

But today is special, We've developed a machine that acts as a portal gate way to another realm. Which one? Well, I don't know yet. But I bet it's something amazing.

Sure, I may be 14, But I'm willing to help in any way I can. I was helping Josh, one of Grandmother's coworkers, inside the machine, doing some tweeks and programing.

Then Grandmother came with her tablet, "Hello dear. Hello Josh. How are the adjustments?" She asked with a sweet smile.

"It's going great, Antonia. Just need to power this baby, and we'll see what realm is on the other side!" Josh grinned, excited for the discovery of a lifetime, I smile in agreement, happy for this accomplishment.

But then the emergency alarms blared, Then Mr. Racmore, Realm Labs' boss, spoke through the coms, "Everyone! Dennis has sabotaged the whole system! I need all hands to stop him, immediately!" He urgently bellows in concern.

Dennis, That crazy brat! He's been trying to have me go out with him, and rejected him dozens of times. He may be a genius, but he's selfishness and pride will be the end of him.

But taking control of the whole building while we're doing dangerous experimenting!? He's lost his crazy mind.

"Josh, Go! I'll stay and keep grandmother safe." I tell my friend, He was hesitant but agreed either way and ran out the room to join the others to stop him!

It's only been a few minutes, but then the computer's safety AI spoke, "Warning, System compromised. Security doors, initiated." She stated, then the door slammed shut! The machine's was about to be shut too!