After catching her breath, Elena stood slowly. She didn't say anything, just stared at Elijah. "What is your name?" Elijah compelled. "Elena Gilbert," Answered robotically. Since the girl doesn't consume Vervain she was able to be compelled. Normally she would have some Vervain in her pocket but her dress didn't have any. Her feet hurt from running barefoot, and she was scared her captors were going to find her. Little did she know the man in front of her is one of the Original vampires.

Elijah was called to this desolate corner of the Earth to negotiate the freedom of two servants that betrayed his family. It was by sheer luck this girl was running down the road he was driving on. The Original stuck out his hand, "Elijah Mikaelson." He watched the girl try to step backward so she could turn and run. She had heard her captors talking about Elijah, and now it seems she has met him. "Please. I'm not going to hurt you. Why don't I take you home?" The last question was said with a bit of compulsion. Elena complied by getting in the car. Elena spent the majority of the drive asleep, only waking long enough to tell Elijah her home address.

John had barged into the Salvatore Boarding House thinking they were responsible for his daughter going missing. He didn't even get to argue with either of them before his neck was snapped. Damon had made sure he was wearing the Gilbert Ring before he did it. Stefan was going to say something about killing the guy but Damon explained the ring. Stefan sighed as he left the room not wanting to deal with the drama. He had a date with Caroline anyways. When John woke up he was at his porch with a shaved head and no eyebrows. Damon really was in a petty mood.

Elena walked in a few hours later to John frantically pacing on his phone to Isobel. He hung up when he noticed her. John got upset when he saw who was with her, "Elena, what's going on?" She turned to Elijah, "Thank you for bringing me home. Would you like to come..." "NO! Don't invite him in, Elena," John yelled. Elijah smirked, "I see I need no introduction. Very well, I bid you both a good evening." The Original calmly left the Gilbert residence and drove to the nearest Bed and Breakfast. He was going to stay a while knowing his brother would've heard about the Doppelganger.

The next day, Elena had cornered Bonnie, "Did you know I got kidnapped at the Ball?" Bonnie sighed, "No, I didn't. And since you are here, everything turned out fine." Elena scoffed, "Everything is not fine, Bonnie. There are people after me! You're supposed to be my friend and help me!" "Oh, so now that you need something from me, I'm your friend. Forget it Elena. Go cry to someone else because I don't care," Bonnie walked away from Elena and went to her next class. Stefan had heard the whole conversation from inside the classroom; he'll tell Damon when he gets home.

Damon had spent the day soothing the ruffled feathers of the council. John was trying his best to expose Damon but none of the members were listening. John even snuck some Vervain into the drinks being served during the meeting. When Damon didn't have the reaction John wanted he stomped out of the room like a toddler throwing a tantrum. Damon was proud of himself for building up his tolerance for Vervain. When the meeting was over, Damon went to the Grill and sat at the bar next to a suit wearing Original.

Thinking he got lucky to find Elijah so soon but decided to play it cool. "Hello, Elijah," Damon greets the man. Eliah angels himself towards the younger vampire, "Do I know you?" "Not in this lifetime. Can we talk in private?" Damon was going to try and explain things without breaking rule number One. He knew he couldn't tell Elijah, but maybe he could show him. There's always a loophole in spells.

At the Boarding House, Damon poured himself and Elijah a drink. Elijah jumping to the point, ""In this lifetime? What do you mean by that?" Damon set down his glass, "I have information that I want to show you since I can't tell you. I want to show you my memories. But before I do, I want to reiterate that things are different this time." Elijah was intrigued. He agreed to let this young vampire show him memories of a lifetime already lived. Damon opened his mind and let the Original in.

After several minutes, Elijah sat back and processed what he had seen. He now knew his brother lied to him about their siblings, and many other things. Elijah was speechless. "Like I said, things are different. My brother and I are not fighting over Elena. She has ruined so many lives, just like her ancestor. Who I killed by the way," Damon rambled. Elijah nodded, "Understandable. Katherine has ruined many lives herself, yours included. It seems I need to contact my brother." Damon drank the last of his glass, "He should be here soon. I sent a message through Craigslist about Elena and the Moonstone is with the Lockwoods."

The Salvatore brothers and Elijah agreed to keep the Doppelganger safe until Niklaus arrived. Until then, Damon was going to continue to be a pest to his little brother. Instead of fighting, the Salvatores started a mild prank war. Stefan had struck when he bleached Damon's entire black wardrobe Pink.

AN: The timeline is speeding up. Klaus will be here in the next chapter. Pairings so far: Damon/Rebekah, Stefan/Caroline, Bonnie/Enzo, Niklaus/Hayley, Elijah/Gia, Kol/Davina, Finn/Sage.