1

I paced in my cell, the dashes on the wall marking a year and two months since I got arrested. Also marking three days until my eighteenth birthday, or three days until the council throws me out into space.

"Andy stop pacing, you're annoying the shit out of me" A tall boy with short brown hair, and dark brown eyes said from the cell next to me.

"I'd like to see how calm you'd be if you knew you were going to die in three days." I sat on my bed placing my head in my hands.

"You dont know that they are gonna float you" The boy sat against the wall connecting us.

"Jasper, we both know I'm not gonna stand a chance against the council. They hate my father, so they hate me." I sighed.

Before the boy could respond, two guards rushed into my room.

"Prisoner 320 put your hands up" One of the guards yelled. I turned and put my hands up.

"What's going on?" I questioned, trying to sound confident. The guards just ignored me and grabbed my hands. I turned around to face them. "Answer me!"

"Prisoner 320, put your hands up" The guard yelled. The other guard drew his weapon.

"You can't float me, I still have three days, '' I yelled, pulling my arm away from the guard.

"Andy!" Jasper yelled as a guard took him past my cell.

"Jasper!" I kicked one of the guards in between their legs, then pushed the other into the wall. I ran out the cell door to see everyone was out of their cells. Some were fighting the guards, and some were being pulled away. I saw a bunch of familiar faces, across the way was Clark, who was hugging her mom. Jasper was just a few feet away from me.

"Andy!" Another voice called out. I looked to my left to see Monty also being dragged away by a guard. I didn't know what to do, they were going to float everyone.

Suddenly a guard grabbed me from behind. I lifted my legs up, tossing my body side to side, trying to get loose from the guards grip. I managed to get loose and punched the guard in the stomach.

"Andy, stop!" I turned around to see my mom. I ran over and hugged her.

"Mom, I don't want to die." My mom pulled away.

"You aren't getting floated my star" She smiled. I looked at her confused. "You're going to the ground"

"What?" I looked around, watching as more kids were being taken away.

"They are sending you all to Earth." The guards took a step closer. My mom lowered her voice. "Remember everything your father and I taught you, because I can promise you, you will need it my sun"

"Mom" Just as I was about to speak a guard grabbed me from behind and carried me away.

"Mom..."

~

The guards brought me into the ship and thankfully placed me next to Jasper and Monty. They buckled me in and left, presumably to get more kids. I pulled on the seatbelt to try to get it off.

"We already tried that," Monty said with a defeated look. I dropped my hands down and groaned.

"Andy I know you're scared, but we are here. We will stick together" Jasper said, reaching over and grabbing my hand. Suddenly the ship started to shake. We started our descent to Earth. A video started playing throughout the ship.

I noticed that Clark was in the seat in front of me, and she was yelling at the boy sitting next to her. I couldn't figure out who he was until a boy in a beanie started floating around the cabin, he floated over to Clark and the boy.