Prologue Part 2

(sorry, this one was kinda messy and honestly sounded a lot better in my head than it did when i typed it out.)

CW: Mentions of puking along with depictions of guns and violence.

POV: Shuichi Saihara

...

And for the first time in what felt like a long time, we stepped into the outside world.

...

I took a breath of fresh air. It was the best feeling in the world. I felt as if all of the remaining weights had been lifted off my shoulders. The gut feeling in my stomach melting away.

"So this is the outside world. The *real*, outside world..." Harukawa looked all around her.

"Where even are we?" I said out loud.

"I mean, it looks like we're in a forest." Yumeno-San proclaimed.

"Well no duh we're in a forest." Harukawa-San grumbled to herself.

"Hey! We're supposed to be working together." Yumeno started pouting.

Harukawa sighed.
"I can't hear any cars or see any lights in the distance so we're probably far from any city. It'll probably be a while before we encounter other people."

"I suppose we should cover as much ground as we can before it gets dark then." I said.

"That would be our best bet, yes." Harukawa said, still taking in her surroundings.

"Which direction should we head though...?" Yumeno was fiddling with her vest.

"Even though it'll take some time, we should probably walk around the entire cage to figure out which direction would be our best option." I responded.

*sigh*
"Okay... let's go." Yumeno-San said, her sleepiness becoming more evident.
I couldn't blame her, I was exhausted as well, but the sooner we can start moving, the better.

We circled around the entire cage, noticing a tower, possibly a cell tower, off towards the west. If anything, it would be the best choice.

We trudged down the decline and after some struggling, we had reached the bottom.

I tried to listen to the sounds around me, except there were none. There were no sounds coming from that of an animal or other human beings. Even the wind was silent. We continued West listening to nothing but the sound the of the leaves crunching beneath our feet.

"N-Nyeh, hey... what are we gonna do when it gets dark? That and I'm also really hungry..."

"I still have a bunch of snacks that I
got from the Monomono Yachine if you're hungry Yumeno-San." I offer some of the food I still had on me for some reason.

"Oh, thanks Saihara-Kun." Yumeno yawned.

I looked around me, the leaves on the trees were a dark green, with many of the dead leaves littering the ground we walked on.

It was unbelievably warm outside, and we were working up quite the sweat.

I quickly took off the top layer of my uniform, tying it around my waist. I continued to roll up the sleeves of my dress shirt that was underneath.

Looking at Yumeno I noticed she also had her coat off, as she carried it in her hands.
I also took note of the fact that Harukawa's hair was no longer in her signature twin tails, but rather in a single low-riding ponytail.

I sighed as I quickly lost myself in my own thoughts, thinking about what Yumeno-San had said earlier.

*flash*
"I... dunno. I mean, it's possible we aren't even in Japan anymore."
*flash*