Chapter 27: Teddy

Start from the beginning

Theo looks up at you with wide, blank eyes, his lips parted. "I'm sorry... but do I know you?"

Your breath hitches and you clutch his hoodie. "I-I'm... I'm your... Teddy, it's me. I'm your fiance."

"Teddy? That one is new." His face breaks into a stupid grin that tells you he was joking. A cruel joke at that.

The floodgates open and you begin sobbing. "Theodore Nott you fucking dick! I tho-thought you lost your mem-memory." You stumble over your words and try to wipe away your tears.

You feel him grab your elbow and Theo pulls you into his chest. He lets you run your course until you're calmed down.

"I know I promised to not get hurt but I-"

You interrupt his stupid ass excuse by grabbing his head with both hands and pressing your lips against his. At first, it is soft and Theo's frozen. But as soon as one of his hands cradles the back of your head he's all in it.

Hands slide from faces to necks and back, noses bump against each other, and bodies feel like they're morphing together. If someone told you that it would feel like crawling into each other's skin, you would have called bullshit.

Getting light-headed, you attempt to break the kiss. But Theo has other plans. He chases after you, trying to savour the taste of your lips. Once he finally lets you go, he connects your foreheads and wipes away the final tear.

"I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to scare you." He nudges your nose with his own to evoke a smile from you.

You're still a bit out of breath as you notice you've crawled into his lap while kissing him.

"Real dick move, Teddy."

He pecks your lips as an apology. "Please say that again...", he whispers between kisses.

"Teddy." You lay your hands on his shoulders and squeeze. He hums content and starts to kiss you more feverishly.

"Teddy."

He breaks away and holds your face in his hands, pure happiness written all over his face as he looks at you. "Merlin, I love you", he whispers, his thumbs rubbing circles over your smouldering cheeks.

Closing your eyes, you move back in and rest your nose against his cheekbone. "I love you too", you whisper back.

You and Theo stay like that until you're kicked out by Madam Pomfrey, claiming that Theo needs his rest and that you can visit him tomorrow again.

With a pout, the dark-haired boy gives you one last kiss until you're practically dragged out by the matron.

Taking a detour to the common room you spot Draco walking in the distance with a bottle in his hands. He isn't... going to drown his sorrows out, is he?

Concerned for your cousin, you follow him again to the Room of Requirement and watch as he unscrews the cork. He produces a small flask out of his inner pocket and drops the entirety into the large bottle.

"What are you doing?" Your voice comes out horse and in a whisper, scared if you speak out loud, someone will find you.

He whisks around and hides the bottle behind him. "Nothing", he hisses.

Marching up to the table, you jank the flask out of his hands and inspect for any label. You take a subtle whiff and something pungent hits your nose. Poison.

"Draco!", you gasp, practically throwing the empty flask on a table, "what is your plan? March up to Dumbledore and force-feed him the poisoned liquor?"

He angrily turns towards you, baring his teeth. "I am not that stupid!"

"So, have someone else do it for you? Imperio another student and have them deliver it to the professor? Like you did with Katie Bell?"

Angry tears start to form in your cousin's eyes as he grabs both of your shoulders and rams you against something. You let out a whine as the handles of a closet dig into your back.

"You have no right of speaking! You have it easy! You don't need to kill someone because your father fucked up!" Draco screams in your face but you don't cower away. You keep staring at him with a cold look and wait until he's done.

Pushing him harshly away from you, he trips over his feet. "Don't you ever lay your hands on me again", you growl between your teeth, looming over the shaking boy. "Oh little Draco Malfoy has it hard? Little Draco Malfoy has to do something he doesn't want to?" You take a step forward, and he crawls backwards, fear in his eyes. You pout and angrily mock him in a baby-like tone.

"Well, guess what? THAT'S MY WHOLE LIFE! If there is someone with the right to speak, it's me! Did you know that your mommy came to me this summer, begging for me to protect you? Where was that when I got the Dark Mark? When I was forced to torture an innocent man? Where was that where I — a child of fourteen — was wed off to the highest bidder?

"Nobody gives a crap about my feelings because I am the heir of Tom fucking Riddle and it is expected of me. So don't you dare to lash out at me!"

Your body is buzzing with anger, your hands itching to grab your wand and lash out towards Draco. Instead, you storm out of the overcrowded room.