I hesitate for a second, then remember that Io may be at odds with the rest of my family, but Nick is someone I can be truthful with. "Aaron." I say, and Nick tenses.

"Lina--

"Listen, I know you don't like him or whatever, but he's nice to me. And he wouldn't hurt me. And I like him, so deal with it." I cut him off.

He pauses for a second, then sighs, "Fine, but he does anything, I am the first to know yeah?"

"Alright."  I say, offering my hand for him to shake. He rolls his eyes and takes it right as my phone dings on the counter, telling me Ronny is here. "Will you be here all night?" I ask Nick, since he used to sleepover every once in a while.

"Yeah." he says, making me smile, "Slumber party?" I ask. When we were little we would watch movies and have little sleepovers in the movie room, but we haven't for a while. "Sure"

"Ok I should go, but I am holding you to that. Bye!" I wave bye to him.

When I step outside the warm air hits me and I am so grateful I wore such a light dress. Ron is in his typical all black half a freaking million dollar car, and I walk down the steps and climb in to the passenger seat.

"Hello." I greet him.

He stares at me for a little bit, then starts to drive.

"You look nice." I say to him, cause he does.

He's in black dress pants and a nicely fitted black button up shirt, the top few buttons undone showing off a chain around his neck over his tattoos.

Ugh.

"You too." He says back, his eyes wandering off of the road and to me. "Where are we eating?" I ask him.

"Italian." is all he says. Nice. I love Italian.

We drive for a little while until we arrive at a cute little Italian restaurant, where I marvel as Ron easily parallel parks without even using cameras. He just full sends into reverse and manages to perfectly fit between the cars and a foot off of the curb.

This dude.

We walk inside and I make a comment on his weirdly good parking, to which he says he is good at everything so he loses compliment privileges for tonight.

He is too cocky sometimes.

We are met with a server who takes us out the back of the restaurant to where there's a nice outdoor table set up with a breathtaking view of hills and trees, and the opposite side of the freaking sunset. Love.

I look around and am a little confused that this is the only outdoor table, since the inside of the restaurant looked packed, and there seems to be room for more tables out here.

"This is amazing" I say as we sit, taking in the beautiful view and perfect weather. I wish I could take off these stupid dimming sunglasses so I could fully see the bright colors in the sky, but oh well.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses?" Ron asks. "Fashion." I simply respond, trying to act like the question didn't make my palms start sweating at the thought of Ronny--let alone anyone-- knowing Papa can be violent.

Luckily, he doesn't push anything.

"You should have told me we were dressing emo. I would've worn all black!" I tell him, since he looks like he's full on goth and I look like I'm about to go to an Easter church service.

"You said I look nice." He says. "You do. Nicely emo." I say.

"Says the one with black sunglasses on." He mutters. "You don't like my fashion?" I say, crossing my arms over my chest.