chapter one.

Willow Moreno was convinced that her dead sister's ghost had yet to rest and haunted her in a way. Even though Anya was dead for more than three years. Even though it was way past the due time for Willow to grieve for her sister.

Or maybe that's just her mind playing with her psych. As much as Willow convinced herself that she got everything under control, there was always the stubborn piece that won't budge into the puzzle.

"You look terrible," Anya said, sitting down on the bed.

Willow did not even bother to respond to her sister, fully accepting that this was herdeep-rootedd guilt and sadness manifesting right before her eyes, prodding her to unleash the hurtful memories in their history.

"Ignoring me doesn't mean that I'll go away," Anya happily informed, smiling at Willow. Even though her long-dead sister was just a projection from Willow's mind, Anya smile was still all the same. "Wilhelmina."

"Don't call me that."

"I know, precisely the reason why I call you Wilhelmina."

Rolling her eyes, Willow rose up from her bed and stood at the bedside, her hands carefully folded her blanket and set the bed neatly. "Whatever, Anya."

"This is the first day of senior year, cheer up at least," Anya muttered as she walked around Willow's room.

For the last few months Anya manifested, Willow wondered if her sister could actually touch and make physical contact. Before dwelling for too long, Willow brushed off the thought, fully aware that Anya was just her issues manifested right before her eyes. Her mind played cruel tricks on her, far crueler than the stares or sneers she had on the receiving end at Chadwick.

"You should find friends you know," Anya advised in a sagely voice that grated Willow's ears. "It has been years since you actually talk to someone."

Willow wished she could shut her mouth, ignoring the fact that her dead sister was talking to her. Alas, she could not. The reeling guilt, pain and grief rolled into one giant ball that lurched down at her still existed, making it impossible for Willow to ignore.

"If you're trying to be a smart mouth and giving a half assed reply like talking to me counts, news flash, it doesn't. Practically I'm dead and a figment of your imagination," Anya cheerfully informed as she skipped around Willow's room.

At least, Anya was dead enough. That way, she would not slide open the windows that would illuminate the morning sunshine that most definitely will hurt Willow's eyes.

"At least I don't let someone be my friend and ditch them for the middle school boyfriend with whom your relationship did not last more than three months," Willow harshly replied. "He may be the crown prince of Spain, but let's be real, you're never going to be a princess."

Blinking the sleepiness away, she walked towards her wooden closet to retrieve her Chadwick uniform.

Today would be the last first day of school and Willow could hardly wait to throw these damn uniforms right at the fireplace and watch it burn with satisfaction.

Aesthetically, Chadwick Prep's uniform clearly had no problem. Navy blue colored blazer, long-sleeved white blouse, and block motif blue skirt that the rich students could modify as much as they'd like. It represented the burden Willow had to carry as a scholarship student with almost zero power or influence.

"Willow, wake up! It's 7 a.m.!" A shrill voice tore through Willow's fog of mind, followed with a string of harsh knocks. "WILHELMINA!! BREAKFAST IS READY AND YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THE PANCAKES MY MOM MADE."