Chapter Three- Warming up

Start from the beginning

Four shook his head, "My guess is that this year they are more strict about who comes into Dauntless."

I sighed, "It's not fair."

"It isn't. But, it's the orders they have to follow," Four said indifferently.

An awkward silence spread throughout the room. I was guessing that when he said 'they', he meant the newfound leaders of Dauntless.

"So," Four started, "how long have you guys been partners?"

"Three years," Lucas said, patting my back.

"Wow, that's a long time. Is it weird being separated for training?"

Lucas shrugged, "In a way, yes. Adelaide has always been with me since day one. She's amazing, so I don't worry about her."

I smiled, "Shush."

Four smiled, "I can tell that your making an impact on some of the initiates Albert, like Albert."

"You think so?" I asked.

"I know so. When Eric took them to run, he seemed more focus than he has ever been. That 's what I saw though. So far, he has been kind of the clumsy one."

"Speaking of which, how is training the Dauntless-borns?" I asked Lucas out of curiosity.

"It's alright," Lucas started, "it's mainly tiring. Some of them like to be rebellious."

"Oh no. Can't handle them?" I asked in a teasing voice.

He pouted, "Yes I can!"

I laughed, "I'm sure you can. Got an eye out for a lady?"

He shrugged, "I have my eye on one. Any men?"

"Not at the moment. What about your Four? You seem to be close to Tris."

Four grunted, "She has a lot of potential. I think that if she focuses on her training, she will be promising."

We continued to talk about random subjects, such as: Lucas and I's partnership, Four's experience, and what there is to come in the future. While time went by I noticed it started to get late, and I still had to meet with Eric.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It is," Four said as he looked at his alarm clock, "7:45. Meeting with Eric?"

I nodded, "We have to discuss the terms behind station day. I won't be there for long."

"Just be careful," Four said slightly worried.

"Why?"

"He has a reputation of being somewhat malevolent. Just watch out."

I nodded as I started for the door, "I'm in Special Ops, I'll kick his ass if he tries anything. I'll see you tomorrow, Four, and I will see you in the apartment, Lucas. Bye!"

"Don't be too late!" Lucas yelled.

I smiled, closing the apartment door and walking down to Eric's. Is he really as cruel as he is made out to be? I honestly think he puts on the cruel act just for intimidation purposes.

Looking around, I finally noticed his name in bolded letters on a white door. I knocked twice, only to hear heavy footsteps on the other side.

The door opened for me to see Eric in a tight, black shirt and jogging pants. His hair was slicked back, showing off his delicate, yet sharp facial features. God, what a beautiful man.

"You're early," he said, his deep voice ringing through my ears.

"Are you complaining?"

He grinned, "Not at all. Please, come in."