A party in new donkey kong city

"We did it Mario" Luigi says.

"We sure did Lou, we sure did" Mario says.

"We got rid of the big bug thing! Good idea Mario distract and destroy and Luigi you were good too" Cappy says.

"Thanks but I was doing this for Sophia"

"And look at that the weather cleared up!" Capotillo says.

"I'm so glad to see a sunny clear day" Mario says as he and Luigi looked out the sky.

"But bowser must've gotten away in the scuffle" Luigi says.

"Then we have no time to waste, we should probably get back to chasing him" Cappy says.

"Let's a go then" Mario says.

"Oh bad news Mario, we don't have enough moon power" Luigi.

"Hey maybe the mayor can help" capotillo says.

"Then let's go pay the mayor a visit" Mario says.

They head to city hall plaza where Paulina was waiting.

"I have to thank you two so much, new donk city really mean the world to me...I just can't thank you enough for all your help Mario, oh and you too Luigi"

"It's no trouble mayor Paulina" Mario says.

"But if you can ma'am, maybe you can help us with some moon power" Luigi asked.

"No, I must thank you properly, you really must join us for our upcoming festival"

Mario and Luigi were surprised then they look at each other confused.

"Mama we really love to stay but we can't we got to save our sister before she gets engaged" Luigi says.

"Oh won't you please stay, I'd love to show my gratitude to both of you and the city with a surprise"

"We love to stay...but we just can't, our sister's life is on the line" Mario says.

"Aw...well do you think you could find me four backup musicians then"

"Oh..gee I don't know mayor Paulina?" Mario scratched his head.

"I really could use a small musical number? Something simple...please" she begged.

Mario and Luigi horns then they finally gave in.

"Ok mayor Paulina, we'll see what we can do" Mario says.

Then he and Luigi ran, Mario recruited a drummer, luging recruited a bass player.

"Hey Mario look" then they passed by a jump rope competition.

Mario turns to Luigi who was smirking, "you thinking what I'm thinking"

He smiles then they both jumped in, beating the high score.

"Those this bring you back to the old times?" Luigi asked.

"Yeah, we were teaching Sophia how it jump rope" Mario says.

It soon as memories came flooding through both brothers frown.

"I miss her Mario"

"So do I and we'll save her, I promise, now come on let's go"

They find a guitarist and a trumpeter then they were assigned to solve a problem with the underground power plant.

They see the problem was caused by one of bowser's poisonous piranha plant.

It spew out purple acid, but Luigi turns to Mario and they both smiled.

As they approached the monster plant, they squashed it and they fixed the power plant starting the line of power moons

.
As they approached the monster plant, they squashed it and they fixed the power plant starting the line of power moons.

"Thank you super Mario bros! Now that you two ahem, powered up the city, it's time for the festival to began"

"Festival" both boys were shocked.

"No ma'am you don't understand"

Now we can finally kick off the festival in style and power"

"No ma'am listen we can't stay we have to save our sister"

"Aw won't you please stay just for my performance"

Mario and Luigi looked at each other and decided to stay only for the show.

Mario and Luigi were watching her on stage, a lot on their minds.

"Wow, she's great Mario" Luigi says.

"Yeah she is...but you know Lou I wonder"

"Yeah"

"Whatever happened to her, how did she ended up here"

"I don't know, let's ask her then" Luigi says then they both walk over to her, they both danced.

Odyssey, ya see.
Odyssey, ya see.
Odyssey, ya see.
Odyssey, ya see.
Odyssey, ya see.
Odyssey, ya see.
Odyssey, ya see.
Odyssey! Odyssey!

"Hey mayor Paulina" Mario calls her.

"Oh hi, thank you again boys, I'm dedicating this festival to you guys! We couldn't have down it without your help!"

"Yeah thanks, listen that's great and all but we have to know...what happened to you mayor Paulina how did you ended up here"

"Yeah you promise us that if we help save your city you would tell us everything" Luigi says.

She suddenly frowned, "ok well a promise is a promise, I guess it started after you saved the city from bowser, I went to check up on the pipes below but then I get sucked into another world, I was terrified but then I befriended this kind old money, we tracked through the jungle then we found this city, we help build a civilization here he became king but then he time has come and he had made me mayor here"

A flashback plays of paulina on the death bed of an old kong, she formed when holding his hands, he smiled at her then he gives her the sash.

She holds the flashback but then saw that he passed away.

The flashback ended to Mario and Luigi frowning.

"So that's why you left the city?" Mario asked.

"I didn't exactly left the city, I'm still mayor in Brooklyn by day but at night I'm mayor here"

"How do you sleep at night?" Luigi was curious.

"You know your sister is very lucky to have brave brothers like you, I thank you guys for everything you down, you come so far you gown so close"

She then gives them a power moon, it was enough to get them to the next kingdom.

"Here, go, save your sister form that beast" she drops it in Luigi's hands.

"Go save the world you too"

"Thank you mayor paulina" Luigi says.

"Thank you"

They power up the odyssey and they waved to mayor paulina as she and her people waved back.

"Good bye, thank you for everything"

"Good bye Paulina" Mario says, "thank you"

"Come on, up next...the snow kingdom" Cappy points.