He's cute

Pov Wilhelm
Three missed calls from Simon, fuck. I quickly unlock my phone and call him back. It doesn't take long before you hear a "Wille" coming out of the loudspeaker. "You called me" "I know" he replies with a laugh. 

"I wanted to ask how you are and if everything is okay?" "It's all good" I lie down on the bed. "Okay, well, that's pretty much it." I hear a rattling noise in the background. "Is everything okay with you?" "Yes. Mom just dropped something" he laughs again. I pick up my phone and switch to Facetime. 

"Hey" I smile. "Hi" he lies on the sofa and grins. "What will that be exactly?" "I just wanted to see you for a moment" "You're cute" "I know" we'll keep talking on the phone for a long time, so long that I've completely forgotten the time. 

"Fuck" is my reaction when I finally looked at the clock again. "What?" Simon looks at me questioningly. "I have to get ready, I still have an appointment today" "Great" "Totally" I get up and take my suit, which is already hanging ready. I'll change my clothes while we're talking. "I miss you" "I miss you too" meanwhile I'm sitting, fully dressed, on my bed. 

"Fortunately, the holidays will soon be over." "Fortunately, yes" I smile. "By the way, we're going to Stockholm tomorrow, pick something up or something, I didn't quite get it" I'm listening. "And you're telling me this now?!" "I've only known for a few hours" "But since you're coming..." I grin. "You want me to come to the palace?!" 

"No" I shake my head. "I'll come with you, as long as I'm not in the palace or at any meeting" he laughs. "You're becoming more and more likeable to me" 

~ Next day

Arriving at the meeting point, Simon is already there. I get out and the next moment he's hugging me. "Hi" "Hey" I kiss him grinning. Malin clears her throat really loudly next to us. We start laughing knowing exactly why she did it. 

Simon grabs my hand, we walk across the street together and into a shop on the other side. Linda has to pick something up for a friend's wedding, she said that yesterday. 

We wait for her, but when she's still not finished after half an hour, Simon goes to her. I watch them from afar. After a short while he comes back. "The employee is an old friend of hers" he leans against a wall next to me. 

"They still have a lot to talk about" he says, slightly annoyed. I laugh. "What are you laughing about?!" "Actually nothing" I pull his arm towards me. "But you just look incredibly cute right now" I quickly kiss his hair, knowing full well that he hates it when I call him cute when he's upset about something. But he's just cute, he can't change that and he better not do that either, otherwise he'll have problems with me. 

We spend the next few minutes browsing the store. Eventually, Simon finds a pair of really ugly pink Hello Kitty sunglasses. "Put them on" he puts them in my hand. I put them on reluctantly. When I notice that he pulls his phone out of his pocket, I quickly grimace. Because why stay serious? Especially with glasses like that. 

"Now put them on" the same game is repeated, just in reverse. We compare the pictures. "It suits you better" says Simon, laughing. At the same moment that I put my arm around Simon, I notice a brief flash. It looks too familiar to me. I turn around. Through the window I see a group of people about our age looking in at us. 

One of the guys pointed his phone at us. "What was that?" Simon looks questioningly at me, then at the shop window. "Have we been?" I nod. I head towards the door. "Wille wait" says Simon in his 'please don't start a fight' tone. 

Pov Simon
Malin stands in Wille's way. "Crown Prince, don't you think I should do that better?" she looks at him questioningly. "Yes. But I want to clarify something first, yes?" "But please normal" "Always" about that is debatable. 

Our relationship has been public for several months now and during this time there have of course been homophobic remarks. Once someone made a fool of me and the next moment he had a fist in his face. Let's put it this way, Wille's mother wasn't really happy about it. 

Wille opens the shop door. "Little tip, better turn off the flash next time, but your friends can teach you that." He comes over to me with a grin and kisses me on the cheek. "You've learned, wow" "Yeah, you know" he takes my hand. "Violence is not always a solution" he pauses for a moment. 

"But almost always" I laugh. "Wille, really, sometimes I doubt your intelligence" "You're such an dumb asshole" he says, exaggeratedly shocked. "I love you too" a few minutes and racks further, Mom finally comes to us. She has two large bags with her. 

"Hi boys" she smiles. "Wille, nice to see you" "Hi" he lets go of my hand and takes one of the bags from Mom. "Thank you" "No problem" We're just about to make our way to the door when the employee comes back to us. 

"Linda, you have something" she stops and looks at Wille and then at me. "Now I know why you looked so familiar" she says in my direction. "Yeah, um" Mom turns to us. "Alica, this is Simon, my son, but you know that and his boyfriend..." 

"Crown Prince Wilhelm, I know" she stutters excitedly. And another one. Wille and I have made it a hobby to pay attention to how people react to us and especially to him, for a variety of reasons, mainly because it's fun. By another, I mean it's again someone who's totally confident until that person sees Wille and then suddenly they're different. "Wilhelm is enough" he briefly shakes her hand. "I'm glad" Alica slowly regained her composure. 

After talking to her for about ten minutes, we go outside. Outside are still the ones who took pictures of us and Malin next to them. They apologize several times and then leave. Wille smiles and takes my hand and we go to Mom's car to put all the stuff in. 

Then we walk with her through a park. It's really beautiful. Luckily not many people talk to us today, which is really nice. Mom shows again how crazy she is and Malin joins in. 

Sometimes I wonder how she got the job in the first place, but I know she's different when she really has to 'take care' of Wile. But it's great. I love it.