the mathematics club ( Franklyn's POV)

To be honest, I never really expected Juliet to meet me at the dove stadium. I thought she was this naive type of girl, but later I realized she highly treasured her studies. She did not tell me much. But my friends had come in handy. Friends a class below me, and a class above her. They had said that she was on scholarship, and that she got awarded every school term for good performance.

Like every other boy in the school, I respected her. I knew I had to be her friend. To help her out in any way possible. Especially to highlight simple math concepts into her brain.

I checked my wrist watch, it was nine in the morning. Two hours before the game started. If she could reach the pitch early, we would have finished our discussion by the time the game started, I thought, as I paid for a set of items I had purchased from the canteen.

The pavilions were almost empty when I got there. A few girls booked seats with better views. I by passed a girl sloping down. She stared at me to the extent that she nearly tripped . I thank God that she didn't. It was clear that she had a crush on me. Sometimes I wondered how different I was from other boys. Was I really different, or the money and businesses I ran made the difference.

I have never dated before. The thought a lone sent goose bumps all over my body. Many of my friends mistook Juliet to be my girlfriend. I always corrected them. I did not want to date in high school. Possibly in campus, having overcome my fear.

I took a seat at the corner of the first row of seats. Here I guessed privacy would be at our advantage. My eyes anxiously scanned the stairs to the hostels hoping to catch a glimpse of Juliet hurrying to meet me. I smiled to myself. She was walking side by side with the friend I always saw her with. Even from a far I could tell that she was being forced to meet me.

Sometimes I wondered what type of girl she was. Many girls would tremble for a set of six fifty thousand notes from me. Yet she looked reluctant about it. In fact she had despised the money. Any girl in or outside school would die to sit side by side with me and get noticed. And there she was, being forced to meet the richest boy in school. She was a girl of her own class. A girl of a rare character.

I couldn't stop smiling to myself. To be honest, she looked extremely beautiful in her simple ways. The long skirts girls put on as casual wear even suited her body better. Now her
friend looked different. She was like a stick dressed with a big skirt.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that both girls had climbed the pavilion. I jumped out of the stupor of my thoughts when a finger was snapped Infront of my eyes. I blinked my eyes, opening to see a grinning Juliet. I must confess. She looked extremely beautiful with those perfect dentals aligning her mouth. Teeth as white as milk.

I smiled at her." Hey, I am sorry I got lost in my thoughts." I said pulling at her arm so she could sit next to me. I turned my attention to the girl who remained standing." Hello, thanks for urging her over."

She smiled." My name is Mary. I think the word twins best describes Juliet and I."

" I brought her over. I mean you guys look good together. I didn't want her to ruin it all."

" I guess I will take my leave. " She added, turning her back on us and taking the stairs, one at a time . Juliet's head lowered as if she studied something below her feet. I knew she was shy. I had to do something to cheer her up. I bumped my shoulders into hers. " Hey, why the sudden drop in attitude?"

" Don't you want to sit and talk to me any more?"

She looked into my eyes. Something she never did before." I am so sorry. These girls keep teasing me about us dating. I keep telling them it's not true. They just don't believe me."