A Locked Door

"Please let Us in, We have travelled so far only to meet the Lord."

The Sanat Kumars, the Mind-born Sons, or the Manas Putras of Lord Brahma, had come to visit Vaikuntha.

But They were stopped from visiting Lord Vishnu or entering through the seven gates by the Doorkeepers of Vaikuntha, Jaya and Vijaya.

"We are His ardent devotees, and We won't return until He meets Us and listens to Our prayers." They requested Them ardently to let Them in.

Jaya and Vijaya folded Their hands and lowered Their heads in reverence. "Please forgive Us, oh great saints of wisdom. But We cannot allow children to enter through the Gates and disturb Lord Vishnu's sleep as He lays resting during this period of Shayana."

The Four Kumaras, Sanaka, Sanandana, Sanatana, and Sanatkumara, although great in age and experience, appeared to be children, due the the strength of Their austerities.

"This is not fair, We are His devotees and the Lord would leave anything to be with His devotees. How can He consider Our visit as a disturbance?"

Their patience was being tested and They would burst any moment. The Kumaras realised that Jaya and Vijaya had a tinch of fault and ego. They thus decided to sentence Them to be born on Earth, and forget about Their relationship with Lord Vishnu, where They would have to overcome the flaws of lust, anger, and greed, and then be purified.

They fell to the feet of the Kumars and begged for mercy. But unfortunately They could not take away Their curse and so advised Them to seek refuge at the Lotus Feet of Shree Hari.

"Please forgive Us oh Lord, the infinite Ocean of Mercy! We have committed a grievous sin, but please don't punish Us so severely." They pleaded with earnest eyes.

"I am sorry but I cannot do anything to reverse this curse. However, I can give You two options to simplify the curse. Either You can take seven births as My devotees, or You can take three births as My staunch enemies. After which You can return to Vaikuntha as the Doorkeepers, and serve here permanently." Lord Vishnu denoted Them the two ways of Bhakti - Swikrita Bhakti, or the one which is accepted, and the Viprita Bhakti, or the one which is opposed.

"Our Lord, please grant Us the second option. We cannot wait for seven lives to be away from You for so long. And in every birth as Your enemy, may You please deliver Us from Our sins so that We meet You in our last moments as mortals. We would serve You in Your duty to establish Dharma and to teach the lesson of goodness and its victory over evil to the entire mankind."

The Sanat Kumars were happy to see that Their curse reached a fruitful conclusion.

"Don't worry, We had come here only with the intention of informing the Lord about the sins committed against truthful and pious humas on the Earth. We wanted to request Him to incarnate again and reduce Bhubhara, the burden of sins on Mother Earth, Our Bhoomi Devi. Whatever happens in the Universe, only happens through the Lord's will. This was also His happening as He brought Us here so that this cause could have an effect and You both can serve as mediums of Dharma, or Righteousness. You should be proud that You shall be venerated and linked with the Lord's name every time He is worshipped in His different avatars."

With this, the Sanat Kumars left as Their purpose was fulfilled, and so did Jaya and Vijaya to fulfil Their purpose.

____________________________________________

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.