Frankenstein's Bride

Start from the beginning

I started walking towards the place on the beach where I had seen Lena the first time, since I knew that would be where she was waiting for me. When I arrived, I saw a figure lying on the sand. It was Lena, with her eyes closed. I started creeping up on her hoping I would be able to care her. Just as I got close enough to jump at her, she opened one eye and said very menacingly:

“Don’t you dare.” And then closed her eye again.

I sighed in defeat and plopped down in the sand next to her.

“You’re no fun.” I said with a whiny voice.

“You’ll live.” She replied cheerfully.

“So… how did it go?” I asked curiously.

“Well the plan worked for sure, because I got a message from Nicky yesterday night that Lance asked her out on another date for just the two of them.”

“Really? That’s awesome! High-five!” Lena lifted her arm and waited for me to slap my palm against hers.

“So that’s one positive thing,” I said continuing, “but how about you? Anything interesting happen between Christopher and you?”

“You sound like an old grandma that has nothing better to do then gossip all the time.” Lena said tauntingly.

“Don’t try to distract me!”

“Me? Try to distract you? Never!” She said sarcastically.

“Lena. You’re not getting out of this, so tell me.” I growled.

“Okay… Okay! Keep your panties on! I guess it was okay. Chris is a nice guy but I was kinda bored around him.”

“You call him Chris?”

“Is that the only thing you just understood from what I said?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Pretty much.” I answered.

“Remind me to buy you a new set of ears for your birthday.” She muttered.

“Sorry? What was that? I can’t hear you!” I said feigning deafness.

Lena laughed and hit me playfully on the arm.

“Ow!” I groaned as she slapped me.

“That hurt you? Wow, you should really work out more!”

“Yeah, you’ve told me that before.”

“I’m just looking out for you.”

“Yeah, so you can kill me in my sleep yourself.”

“Of course! Especially after you set me up on that date!”

“It couldn’t have been that bad.” I protested.

“No, but I was bored, which means that it was a sucky date. You should work more on your matchmaking skills.”

I would be lying if I said that that didn’t hurt. I had always prided myself in knowing who belongs with who, and that is why this was such a failure to me.

Lena noticed that she had struck a nerve so she tried to make it up to me by saying:

“But Lance and Nicky are perfect for each other. Good call!”

It did make me feel slightly better, so instead of depressing I looked into Lena’s eyes and said:

-“I promise you that I will find the perfect man for you Lena.”

Lena blinked in surprise and she gaped at me.

“Eh… that’s not necessary.”

“But I insist!”

Lena raised her eyes to the sky as if she were asking someone why me? I chuckled at her horrified expression. It looked like I had just told her I would find Frankenstein so that they could get married.

She sighed in defeat and turned to me.

“Three dates,” She said. “I’m going to let you pick out three guys I should date, and if none of them work out, you let me be alone.”

“That’s not fair!” I protested. “You’re just going to say you hate the guy, so that I would leave you alone.”

“No, I won’t.“ she answers. “ Pinky promise.”

We awkwardly twisted our pinkies around each other.

“Three dates. “ I repeated. “You’ll have to fall in love with one of them!”

Lena buried her face in her hands.

“What  have I gotten myself into?” I heard her mutter to herself.

****

Wow with the proper motivation, you guys can vote 10 times in less then 24 hours! Whoop! Whoop! I'm proud of you all, and that is also why I would like to raise the stakes? How about we bring the vote count up to 30! I know you can all do it, so just click that button!

I would also like to thank tootsi, Angelcas and littlemissy for voting! I really love your comments! 

I would also like to see your ideas!

So who do you think is the heartbreaker?