chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR"shake your groove thing"season one episode five

CHAPTER FOUR
"shake your groove thing"
season one episode five

   "I WISH I COULD HOLD A HEART," George said happily. They were all watching Meredith help Burke hold a heart during surgery.

"A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina said bluntly.

"You're just mad Burke didn't ask you," George replied.

Cleo sighed in awe and friendly jealousy, "God, she's lucky."

Izzie walked into the gallery, "George, we need more ice and chips."

"Who else did you invite?"

"Izzie, we said the list was jocks only― Surgery, trauma, plastics. Who else?" Cristina sighed.

"Just some people from peds."

"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house."

"Please don't tell me you invited the geriatrics," Cleo pleaded.

"Then you'll say you invited the shrinks," Cristina said. Izzie looked away from the two after they mentioned both of those departments, guilty, knowing that she had invited them out of kindness. "She invited the mental defects. This party is D.O.A."

"And the nursing home, we might as well cancel it now," Cleo facepalmed.

"Meredith thinks this is going to be a small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?" George asked.

"No, but I will. I promise," she promised them after they looked at her, unbelieving.

"You better because she will not take it lightly," Cleo warned.

"Why are you wasting your only weekend your boyfriend is in town on a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Cristina questioned.

Izzie lightly laughed, "No. I just want him to meet some of my friends."

"Right. 60 geeks in scrubs are your friends," Cristina said, once again not believing her. Her pager started beeping. "Bad sex― sucks for you."

"At least it's sex," Cleo sighed, frustrated. Alex walked into the gallery before Cristina could leave, "I heard there's a party tonight at Meredith's house." They had to play dumb. No way they wanted Alex there.