Melissa Pleads the 5th

On the way to the studio, I was eating a banana. Mommy made a sharp turn and I dropped the banana onto the floor.

"My banana," I said, sadly staring at it. "It's gone."

"It's not gone. It's right there," Maddie insisted.

"Come on Max, seriously? Why'd you drop the banana? Now I have to clean this up," Mommy stated.

"I'm sorry. It was an accident," I told her. "Can I have another one?"

"When we get home, yes. But no more bananas in the car, and that goes for all of you," Mommy spoke.

We arrived at the studio, and I just had to tell everyone about my banana story.

"Was it a good banana?" Paige asked, and I nodded. "Dang. Rest in piece."

"Kenzie stepped on it when we got out of the car, so now it's smeared all over the floor," I added.

"Come on, ladies, let's go," Miss Abby said, interrupting my story. "Get in here with those fabulous tans, come on. Come on."

I missed Miami.

"Wow, this mother's association is dwindling to a trio, huh?" Miss Abby asked, noticing that Holly wasn't present.

"Holly's at work," Mommy informed her.

"Of course," Miss Abby stated, turning to the pyramid. "First, Nia. Honey, my heart stopped. You guys always think I'm the bad guy, but I don't want any kid, even if it's not my student, to stop. I just don't want it to happen again, and I don't think it should have happened in the first place. You're better than that. Moving on, Max. I thought you were fine in the group. Next, Mackenzie. Mackenzie, there's some things to improve on. Next, I have Brooke. I thought you did a great job. And next, we have Chloe. Chloe, the solo was excellent. However, the trio was a little shaky. Next, Paige. Paige, you worked through the pain in your feet, even in the dressing room. When you should have had those feet up and icing them, you were doing the dance over and over. Alright. At the top of the pyramid, Maddie. I challenged you to see if you could stay there for three weeks in a row, and you did. I told you where those judges were, and you never took your eyes off of them. If you can get the judges to look you in the eye and suck them in, then you have them in the palm of your hand."

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚 𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚

𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙭 𝙉𝙞𝙖

"Now, each and every one of you are very lucky little girls. You have beautiful homes, you have everything you need. Some kids aren't that lucky. So, our group routine is about a homeless child. There's also going to be a solo this weekend. Maddie, you will be doing a solo. You better dance your heart out and dance your butt off. I have a trio. This is a new trio, and I'm gonna start mixing things up. So, Chloe, you're in the trio. Maddie, you're in the trio. And Nia, you're in the trio. Nia, you have a lot to prove this week. If you don't keep up with Maddie and Chloe..." Miss Abby made a face. "Alright, now listen closely, girls and moms. I found out that we will be competing against Candy Apple in Chicago, at Company Dance. But I'll tell you what, I am not going to lose to Cathy or Jill or Kendall. Okay, moms, thank you. You're dismissed. You don't have any jobs to do. Girls, spread apart, start stretching. Gianna's gonna come in, and we are starting this dance right now."

We started warming up and learning the dance, and I loved it.

"Alright, let's go again. Go," Miss Abby instructed, and the music started. "Then Chloe needs to do, like, pretty, like, arabesque."